PDA

View Full Version : Manfrotto tripod parts

MarkVarley
26th March 2010, 05:55 PM
Does anyone know where I can get manfrotto tripod parts?

I have one of the national geographic tundra tripods and the little rubber feet come off, one of them has done just that at some point :mad:

a uk based online retailer would be ideal...

mlc
26th March 2010, 07:26 PM
I got some gitzo feet a while back, so it surely must be possible. I'll have a dig and see if I can find who I got them from.

edit - Didn't take as long as I thought - I got the Gitzo feet from Kata UK. Might be worth giving them a shout.

Guyw
26th March 2010, 07:32 PM
Couple of other forums point to this place - you could give it a go!

http://www.johnsons-photopia.co.uk/JP%20Service%20Solutions_17.php

hth, Guy

benvendetta
26th March 2010, 08:10 PM
I lost a Manfrotto monopod rubber boot a few years ago and replaced it with one of those that are fitted to walking sticks, from a local market - cost probably about 50p. These generally come in different diameters, which is fine as log as the legs are round. As it had knobbly bits on the bottom it was better than the one I lost. I bet you wouldn't get a Manny one for that price :(

PeterBirder
26th March 2010, 09:10 PM
I lost a Manfrotto monopod rubber boot a few years ago and replaced it with one of those that are fitted to walking sticks, from a local market - cost probably about 50p. These generally come in different diameters, which is fine as log as the legs are round. As it had knobbly bits on the bottom it was better than the one I lost. I bet you wouldn't get a Manny one for that price :(

I'd agree with that. The Manfrotto item will cost a lot IF you can get one. We used to sell Manfrotto tripods at the Wildlife Trust for use with telescopes and they are great ,I use one myself. However last year they took the UK distributorship away from Calumet and set up their own UK distribution company. Since then we haven't been able to get any sense from them and have had to give up selling their products. The Manfrotto web site will give you details of UK retailers including those online if you want to try that route.

Regards

Pensionista
27th March 2010, 05:49 PM
I got a Manfrotto spare via the Jacobs shop in Derby some months back. I researched the part number from the Manfrotto web site and the shop staff were very helpful. I reckon any decent photo dealer should try if you have the necessary part details. Good luck.

MarkVarley
29th March 2010, 09:39 AM
all good, thanks folks :)