PDA

View Full Version : Mekko Camera Bags

Jim Ford
24th March 2010, 12:21 PM
I've been looking into getting a larger bag. The cotton Billington and Domke bags are attractive, but not the prices!

A range of bags I've come across whilst trawling the net are 'Mekko'. I've seen good reports, stating that are well made - the way Domke bags used to be. They are also a _lot_ cheaper than Billington or Domke bags.

The bags are made in China, but there is a Polish distributer for Europe:

http://www.fotto.lublin.pl/index.php?action=show&itemid=2

Click on 'Torby' for the bags.

I've been in contact with the distributer and they say that postage would be 30 euros for up to 3 bags to the U.K. and therefore it would be beneficial if 2 others would also want a bag.

Would anyone be interested in buying a Mekko bag and share the cost of postage?

N.B. They don't have the R2 (Domke f2 clone) in stock, but do have the C2.

Jim

benvendetta
24th March 2010, 01:04 PM
I don't know anything about Mekko, but the M-Rock range, which were shown at Focus appear to be good value. Didn't buy one but look good. Distributed by www.cameraclean.co.uk.

StephenL
24th March 2010, 01:27 PM
I currently have a Mekko bag for sale. See the relevant section for details! They are very well made and allegedly made in the Lowepro factory. They show the Lowepro logo.

Jim Ford
24th March 2010, 01:41 PM
I currently have a Mekko bag for sale. See the relevant section for details! They are very well made and allegedly made in the Lowepro factory. They show the Lowepro logo.

I was looking for a shoulder bag eg a Domke F2 clone.

Jim

StephenL
24th March 2010, 01:44 PM
Aah. Well, anyway, they are well made and I see no reason why the shoulder bags should be otherwise.

I was looking for a shoulder bag eg a Domke F2 clone.

Jim