PDA

View Full Version : Bibble 5

yorky
15th March 2010, 06:06 PM
Has anyone used this programme? If so, what are the conclusions. I keep getting very frustrated with the slowness of Elements

Daveart
15th March 2010, 06:50 PM
Hi I use bibble 5 pro and have excellent resulted with it, it has a brilliant library of cameras and lenses and boy its fast I can open bibble 5 select a image in raw and tweak and save, before cs3 has finished loading.

It recognises all Olympus and Panasonic g1, Gh1 cameras, their are also arrange of plugins to down load, and very supportive to.

Dave

yorky
16th March 2010, 11:56 AM
Thanks Dave, that sounds very positive, any ideas of the cost?

Daveart
16th March 2010, 12:39 PM
Itcost about 170.00 you can down load a trail version 5.03 I think at www.bibblelabs.com

Alot cheaper than Adobe cs3 any rate

Dave

yorky
16th March 2010, 01:11 PM
Thanks. I will try the download sometime, I only have elements but it is so slow.

Ian
16th March 2010, 01:37 PM
Which version of Elements do you have and what is slow about it in particular?

Ian

yorky
16th March 2010, 03:19 PM
Which version of Elements do you have and what is slow about it in particular?

Ian

Elements 8, Its quite slow and cumbersome on my puter, which isn't the quickest in the world but 7 was quicker.

Ian
16th March 2010, 04:46 PM
Elements 8, Its quite slow and cumbersome on my puter, which isn't the quickest in the world but 7 was quicker.

OK, can you be a bit more specific? What are you trying to do with Elements 8 that is particularly slow?

Ian

yorky
17th March 2010, 09:47 AM
Well Ian,, It takes for ever to start up,then, when it has downloaded from the card/camera and youu select to edit it can be up to a couple of minutes before it is avavilable. I have a reasonable puter with 4Gb of ram. It could of course be a conflict somewhere in the system..I just get so fed up and was wondering if Bibble would be quicker.I will probably download a trial version sometime soon but am just trying to acscertain other peoples experiance with Bibble.

snaarman
17th March 2010, 09:54 AM
Well Ian,, It takes for ever to start up,then, when it has downloaded from the card/camera and youu select to edit it can be up to a couple of minutes before it is avavilable. I have a reasonable puter with 4Gb of ram. It could of course be a conflict somewhere in the system..I just get so fed up and was wondering if Bibble would be quicker.I will probably download a trial version sometime soon but am just trying to acscertain other peoples experiance with Bibble.

Interesting: I got really frustrated with Elements because it was so much slower than my ancient Photoshop5 - so I made the expensive switch from Elements (5) to CS3 last year.

Despite my fears and rather to my surprise, CS3 is a lot faster than Elements - and obvously it can do a whole lot more. I did download other trial editors but they all seemed slow or a bit alien. I hate to say it but Photoshop still gets my vote. It just needs to be about 70% cheaper IMHO.

Pete

yorky
17th March 2010, 11:09 AM
Thanks, |I agree, photoshop is far too expensive for me to justify the outlay, Elements is enough but I have a feeling its very top heavy, that's why I was looking around at Bibble

Ian
17th March 2010, 11:18 AM
It took 20 seconds for the Edit/Organiser box to appear and enable me to make a selection. I clicked on Edit and it took a further 30 seconds. Once the Edit workspace is open there are no more waits really.

Photoshop CS completely separates the 'organiser' function (Bridge) so you are effectively going straght into the Edit mode.

Bibble is more of a RAW workflow tool like Lightroom than a general purpose photo image editor like PS Elements or PS CS. so I don't think we're comparing apples with apples.

Ian