PDA

View Full Version : What settings?

Meogeo
12th February 2008, 03:56 PM
What settings do you use on your camera ie P, S, A, or Manual?

Do you use a light meter any time?

I am using P mode at the moment and was thinking of doing some pictures in Apeture priority mode and Shutter priority Mode.

theMusicMan
12th February 2008, 06:20 PM
I am using 'A' - Aperture Priority mode for most of my shots of late Meogeo. I need to figure out how to set the rear thumb wheel to apply +/- EV rather than amending the aperture setting when in A mode.

shenstone
12th February 2008, 06:43 PM
I am using 'A' - Aperture Priority mode for most of my shots of late Meogeo. I need to figure out how to set the rear thumb wheel to apply +/- EV rather than amending the aperture setting when in A mode.

I agree that's my standard preference, but I use S as well at times.

re +/- - on the E500/510 it's easy - hold the button behind the shutter button & Spin the wheel. I don't have the E-3 so I can't comment on that one

Regards
Andy

Ellie
12th February 2008, 07:11 PM
I tend to use the A, Aperture priority almost all the time.

On the E400 the EV +/- is changed by pressing the little button next to the shutter button and turning the thumb wheel.

ianc
12th February 2008, 07:26 PM
I use A for 99% of my shots.
MusicMan on the E3 to set the rear wheel for +/- go to custom menu 1 B/Button/Dial.

Ian C.

ndl0071
12th February 2008, 07:28 PM
Yes, I am also to an 'A' shooter most of the only time I really shoot in 'S' is when photographing fast moving action such as a football match or at a race track to capture the action.
I think you'll find using these modes much more rewarding as you meander through the learning curve of photography of course there is always 'M' which is also a great way to go but if your unsure best start with 'A'.
All the best, let us know how you get on:)

DTD
12th February 2008, 07:37 PM
Most of the time I use Aperture Priority – front dial on my E1 controls aperture, rear dial set to control exposure compensation, which is why I think a 2 dial layout is a winner.

I'm quite happy using manual as this is what i was brought up on.

Barr1e
12th February 2008, 07:41 PM
A mode with the exception of when I use flash then it is S Mode. S Mode I'm informed is good for sports shots.

Regards. Barr1e