PDA

View Full Version : How many camera bags do you have?

benvendetta
11th March 2010, 01:47 PM
Simple question really.
As we all know, one cannot have too many camera bags with a differeint one required for each purpose.
I have the following (smallest first):

Tamrac Velocity 5X (small waist pack)
Lowepro Topload Zoom AW (waist/shoulder pack)
Lowepro Inverse 200AW (bit bigger waist pack)
Billingham Hadley (smallish shoulder bag)
Kata 3in1 20 (medium back/swing pack)
Lowepro Nova 5 (medium/large shoulder bag but used for storage)

I hadn't realised that I had so many (and I have sold at least three in recent years) :eek:

What about you?????

theMusicMan
11th March 2010, 02:05 PM
Just three for me;

Olympus Pro Backpack - original Oly back pack. Big, sturdy and strong.
Case Logic - medium double shoulder backpack. Strong but only room for E-3+battery pack, 7-14, plus two/three more lenses & accessories.
Olympus travel bag (for one camera+lens [no room for a battery pack] and one lens) - the original 4/3 twin lens kit bag.

I have used the pro-backpack to death, and so this weekend I'm trying out the Case Logic bag. If this is not good enough, I'll possibly be looking for a new one.

StephenL
11th March 2010, 02:58 PM
Mekko backpack (still for sale if anyone's interested),
Kata 3in1 30,
Billingham Hadley small,
Billingham Hadley medium,
Lowepro Orion Trekker 2.
Plus a pouch for one of my compacts. (the other just goes straight into a pocket).
Plus a Calumet tripod bag for one of my tripods.

As you can see, I've drastically cut down recently!

j.baker
11th March 2010, 03:29 PM
I have three.

Tamrac Expedition 8 and two Tamrac Expedition 3

Bo_Nydahl
11th March 2010, 03:36 PM
This is a constant source of discussion between the wife and me. I accuse her of having too many pairs of shoes then she throws back how many camera bags I have.

Mike

StephenL
11th March 2010, 03:48 PM
Aah, but at least with camera bags you usually only have one of each. With shoes you have two of each! :D

This is a constant source of discussion between the wife and me. I accuse her of having too many pairs of shoes then she throws back how many camera bags I have.

Mike

benvendetta
11th March 2010, 03:49 PM

Mike

It is not the number of shoes that my wife has but the number of pairs of jeans. I can confidently say that I have less camera bags! :eek:

snaarman
11th March 2010, 04:05 PM
Oh dear. Suddenly I have bag envy. I have only two bags. The freebie that came with my Nikon F50 and my Lowepro AW160.

The Lowepro is only slightly smaller than the Nikon bag.

The Nikon bag is too big. The Lowepro is too small.

So: Most of the time I use jacket pockets.

Graham_of_Rainham
11th March 2010, 04:16 PM
OMG :eek: How did I end up with so many of these things. :(

ndl0071
11th March 2010, 04:18 PM
Oh dear. Suddenly I have bag envy. I have only two bags. The freebie that came with my Nikon F50 and my Lowepro AW160.

The Lowepro is only slightly smaller than the Nikon bag.

The Nikon bag is too big. The Lowepro is too small.

So: Most of the time I use jacket pockets.

I can beat that Pete, I have just the one bag a Lowepro sling 200 (and 2 very long arms!)

Paulpp
11th March 2010, 04:43 PM
Far too many but still searching for the perfect bag! Have become quite a fan od the Lowepro Terraclime series (very good price on Amazon) and perfect for my E-P1

mike_j
11th March 2010, 06:25 PM
Never mind the camera bags - how many lens bags do you have? I seem to have dozens of the useless things. they range from prewar leather cylinders lined with velvet to very basic mesh fabric with draw string.

It's odd, because I always try to include a bag when I sell a lens and I don't have that many lenses - well - OK I do have too many lenses but I'm sure I have a lot more lens bags.

Perhaps they breed in the dark recesses of my camera cupboard?

Kiwi Paul
11th March 2010, 06:39 PM
I have a Hama Camera / lens carry pouch, a Lowepro Slingshot 1 that is completely useless to me now and a Tamrac Adventure 9 backpack that fits everything in except the 90-250 which I carry in the Oly case that came with it.

Paul

Who's_E
11th March 2010, 08:49 PM
LowePro Mini Trekker AW for everything (but I don't take it out because it is too big)

Tamrac Adventure Messenger 4 shoulder bag for planned trips - fits an E3 + lens + plus accessory (FL50R, another lens, E520 + small lens); plus some bits

LowePro Rezo something - fits E520 + a short lens + spare round filter & lens wipes

All are perfect and it has taken a while to learn how to use them. When shooting birds at the WWT I just whack the E3 + 50-200 over my shoulder and tie it (with a spare shoelace) so it doesn't slip round when I am travelling on my bike.

Nick

shenstone
11th March 2010, 08:56 PM
I tried to comment last time the Mrs bought a handbag and she made me count :(

I can see 6 camera bags & camera rucksacks from here + 3 CC pouches and 4 Lowe pro pouches as well :o

The thing is I do actually use them all depending on what kit I'm talking and where I'm going.

Oh! ... I forgot the pelibox and ex-army ammunition box I take things caving in - if you count those I'm up 2 more :eek:

Regards
Andy

Wee man
11th March 2010, 10:13 PM
Lowepro Slingshot 200, Lowepro Rezo 100AW,Tamrac Cyberpack 6,a zoom pouch ? name. A Peli case and a black noname bag I have had since my Kinoca FC1 days.

David M
12th March 2010, 12:52 AM
Nine plus a couple of tripod cases.

4 backpacks (2 Lowe-Pro, 1 Tenba and one more I can't remember the name of).
3 shoulder bags (3 different sizes of Tenba Pro-paks, the oldest dating back to the early 80's, the best shoulder bags I've ever found).
2 Pelican cases.

All but one of the Pelican cases date back to my film shooting decades.

I mostly use one of the Lowe-Pro backpacks and two of the Tenba shoulder bags since going digital.

Steve Lane
12th March 2010, 09:36 AM
I have had loads over the years, but now just use the following four;

Billingham 335 - have had this for almost 20 years and it is still as good as new!
Vanguard Arlen 59 backpack - this is my latest bag and great for days out in the hills. Very well made like the Billingham, and does not look like a camera bag.
Tamrac Adventure 7 backpack - quite small backpack which I use for holidays as it is small enough to be accepted as hand luggage on flights.
Lowpro Off Trail 1 - a small belt pack that I use when I want to travel light.

The worrying thing is that if, for some reason, I wanted to bag all my kit up at the same time, all four bags would be rammed full. Perhaps I need a couple for for 'storage' reasons:)

cinders
12th March 2010, 02:34 PM
I also have too many camera bags - and having just bought a Slingshot 200 I am getting complaints about them all. *nono

But then I also have too many pairs of shoes, jeans and handbags too!...

Tamrac topload zoom something - good for single camera and short'ish lens only. I use this most often.
Tamrac shoulder strap bag with carry handle and tucked away waistband too - very versatile but a bit small - only really takes 1 extra lens
Lowepro Slingshot 200 - takes everything with even a little space left (shall I buy a new lens to fill it?)
Also Tamrac and Lowpro pouches for the two compacts
Also two additional lens bags (small and medium) to attach to the top-load zoom, or to carry separately in a rucksack/handbag.

And I still want a Crumpler....!

I LIKE bags!

*laugh

benvendetta
12th March 2010, 08:11 PM
I also have too many camera bags - and having just bought a Slingshot 200 I am getting complaints about them all. *nono

But then I also have too many pairs of shoes, jeans and handbags too!...

Tamrac topload zoom something - good for single camera and short'ish lens only. I use this most often.
Tamrac shoulder strap bag with carry handle and tucked away waistband too - very versatile but a bit small - only really takes 1 extra lens
Lowepro Slingshot 200 - takes everything with even a little space left (shall I buy a new lens to fill it?)
Also Tamrac and Lowpro pouches for the two compacts
Also two additional lens bags (small and medium) to attach to the top-load zoom, or to carry separately in a rucksack/handbag.

And I still want a Crumpler....!

I LIKE bags!

*laugh

And I thought it was a Bloke thing!;)

marvelaugusts
6th April 2010, 03:51 AM
I am having 3 camera bag and i am using cannon ixus 101 and other also but don't its model number. Now i am also seeking for the new bag because the bag which i am carring right now its teared now something.

jonesy
6th April 2010, 06:32 AM
Oh dear.... I was going to post a thread asking about how you good people keep and carry all your stuff around in one/two bags as I feel I have too many (4) and I'm constantly moving my gear between them. I wanted to narrow it down to just 2, but now I can see I just dont have enough :D

StephenL
6th April 2010, 06:40 AM
Wanna buy a bag?? *yes

... but now I can see I just dont have enough :D

JerryE-1
6th April 2010, 06:59 PM
I gave up with conventional shoulder bags, after owning a series of Billinghams and have for many years enjoyed excellent service from a humble Hama 'Track- Pack' (smallish backpack) purchased from 7dayshop.com for 18 on special offer if memory serves me. Ironically it's proved to be incredibly hardwearing, comfortable, capacious, very well made and easily equal in quality to the Lowepro equivalents. A good example of a budget buy punching well above its weight.

Jerry.

breney
22nd April 2012, 09:57 AM
Has anybody got a tamrac expedition 5? Can you tell me if it will hold a 15inch laptop?