PDA

View Full Version : HELP! Identification please!!

baldyb
17th February 2010, 04:36 PM
Hi all

Been experimenting with some more ideas (a la Snaarstrap and similar) and found a very old neck strap of mine with these small locking ends which I think could be very useful.

http://e-group.uk.net/gallery/data/500/S2170014.JPG

Spent ages trawling ebay - terrible waste of a lovely day - but can find nothing similar. Anybody out there ever seen or used them before??

Kevin *chr

PS Apologies for image quality but you get the idea

Melaka
17th February 2010, 06:11 PM
I've got one hidden away somewhere. The problem is that they don't fit modern camera strap fittings very well. I used mine on the Minolta X700 and it was very easy to get on and off the camera when needed.

baldyb
17th February 2010, 09:48 PM
Hi David
Thanks for your reply.
I think my old strap came from an OM-10 about 25 uears ago but I found today that these round fittings do just clip around the E-510 and E-30 mountings. I'll keep searching to try and find a current supplier.
Kevin

smartwombat
18th February 2010, 09:42 PM
I made up my own for the Canon 1D series.
The non-slip backing on the straps wears off quick and the camera fall off my shoulder :(

So I bought some Lowepro shock absorbing padded straps with clips on the end.
But they were too big to go through the strap fitting on the camera.

Cut off the thin strap from the old Canon straps.
Make a loop, threaded through the camera's fittings.
Sew up the loop (very securely!) so that it's a permanent fixture - just fabric strap loops each side of the camera.
Then clip the new straps onto those loops.

Easy to remove for use on a tripod/monopod where the camera strap gets in the way.