PDA

View Full Version : WWW Gallery for portflio site...

theMusicMan
19th November 2007, 05:16 PM
Hey All

Just wondering if anyone here has knowledge of a good hosting service for images - but one that uses GBP rather than USD...!!

I have a site up and running with Zenfolio, which in all honesty, is a very good value for money service. They have recently introduced a shopping cart service where you can sell your images through their sytem - all well and good except that it only operates in USD.

Now as much as I like Zenfolio, I am seriously considering a move to another host where I can sell my images in GBP and not USD.

Anyone know of any...?

veggiesosage
19th November 2007, 06:18 PM
Don't Moonfruit and Clikpic offer sale facilities? Also might be worth having a look at Photobox as obv the printing is included and well respected. Not too familiar with the capabilities of their gallery facilities though.

theMusicMan
21st November 2007, 08:03 PM
Though very good, Moonfruit is not really a photo gallery scipt per sé, and I am not impressed with the number of images limit imposed on you with Clikpic. The basic £35 pa package only allows you to upload 40 images... that's nowhere near enough for a tog selling their photos online. There are more expensive packages, but they are just that... very expensive.

I have started to consider Photopost as an alternative. I know this can be set to run standalone i.e. without a forum, and as I know the template system, might be something I'd consider. I know you can also link this to PayPal to sell ones images online - which is what I want to be able to do.

Thoughts...