PDA

View Full Version : Rep power?

Ellie
8th February 2008, 11:47 PM
What is Rep Power?

Everybody's got some, some have got more than others, but what does it mean?

PeterD
9th February 2008, 01:34 AM
What is Rep Power?

Everybody's got some, some have got more than others, but what does it mean?

Ellie, I think its a shortened term for 'reputation'. The number increases as your number of posts reaches certain threshold values.

Kind regards

PeterD

Nick Temple-Fry
9th February 2008, 02:08 AM
In which case - why?

I'm sure Ant&Dec would win if this was applied to television - but would it be a recommendation?

After all, I'm never going to catch up with the Musicman and despite valuing his posts I'm not going to try.

Nick

PeterD
9th February 2008, 02:41 AM
In which case - why?

I'm sure Ant&Dec would win if this was applied to television - but would it be a recommendation?

After all, I'm never going to catch up with the Musicman and despite valuing his posts I'm not going to try.

Nick

I think Ian will have to explain. Just to add to this puzzle, have you noticed the scales on the posts? It seems ones reputation can be affected by that route too:)

PeterD

art frames
9th February 2008, 09:58 AM
I think Ian will have to explain. Just to add to this puzzle, have you noticed the scales on the posts? It seems ones reputation can be affected by that route too:)

PeterD

OK I just added to Nick and Ellie's reputation- nothing appeared to change as a result but maybe it takes more than one to affect them. I have done it before and find you cannot give a positive to the same person twice.

Mysterious stuff.

Peter

Ellie
10th February 2008, 12:17 AM
have you noticed the scales on the posts?
No, I hadn't. Shows how much I look doesn't it?

OK I just added to Nick and Ellie's reputation- nothing appeared to change as a result but maybe it takes more than one to affect them. I have done it before and find you cannot give a positive to the same person twice.
I don't know what mine was before :D but it's at 2 now.

Mysterious stuff.
You're right, it is mysterious stuff.

HughofBardfield
12th February 2008, 11:50 AM
What a coincidence! I was just wondering about this "Rep" thing myself...

Seems to be a bit of a duplication to the Junior Member, Member, Senior Member, Lord of Creation wotsit.

Scapula Memory
12th February 2008, 12:10 PM
One thing I noticed is you get 1 x rep power for going past each hundred of a post? I earned one a few days ago for creeping past 200 posts. Still all a bit weird though :)

Meogeo
12th February 2008, 12:15 PM
I have just recently got one but I do not know why, maybe it needs explaining.

Solar
13th February 2008, 03:24 PM
Rep Power reminds me of some G-thing ... like Represent!

Oly in the house!!

LoL ...

shenstone
13th February 2008, 10:43 PM
Last time I worried about "Rep Power" was when I was young and foolish enough to try and keep fit - hope Ian isn't going to line us up and get us doing sit-ups :eek:

Regards
Andy

Ellie
22nd February 2008, 01:24 PM
- hope Ian isn't going to line us up and get us doing sit-ups :eek:
Yikes http://www.createphpbb.com/phpbb/images/smiles/uhohhide.gif

Xpres
22nd February 2008, 01:46 PM
- hope Ian isn't going to line us up and get us doing sit-ups :eek:

Perhaps we're all hamsters on wheels in a mysterious power generating project..... :confused:.......back to lunch, it's friday.