PDA

View Full Version : How quick is the BCM-1 Charger ?

E-3
4th February 2010, 08:12 PM
I have the BCM-2 but have noticed the BCM-1 is olympus`s fast charger........................................... ....how fast is it ?

CaptainD
4th February 2010, 08:29 PM
It is described by Olympus as a 1 hour charger, I have both and the BCM-1 is significantly quicker. It is also physically larger than the BCM-2 so I tend to leave it at home and take the BCM-2 away on holidays.

Hope this helps

Chris *chr

E-3
4th February 2010, 09:24 PM
It is described by Olympus as a 1 hour charger, I have both and the BCM-1 is significantly quicker. It is also physically larger than the BCM-2 so I tend to leave it at home and take the BCM-2 away on holidays.

Hope this helps

Chris *chr

Thank you once again for your help Chris, I was hoping it would be more like an hour than around 4 hours of the BCM-2.................I think I will get one. *chr

dbutch
5th February 2010, 08:41 AM
I have to say I find it strange that the E-3 didn't ship with the BCM-1 when the E-1 did! I can't imagine it's that different in cost to manufacture and something a pro would require.

I use the BCM-1 and yes it's about an hour

Dave

HughofBardfield
8th February 2010, 02:41 PM
I got a BCM-1 with my E1 and have never used the BCM-2 since.

I do remember seeing a warning that the faster charging cycle might reduce the battery life in the long term, but I've never heard of any real world problem. Interested to hear if anyone feels there is an issue...?

E-3
8th February 2010, 03:24 PM
I do remember seeing a warning that the faster charging cycle might reduce the battery life in the long term

Sounds plausable, but I think it would be in the long, long term. :)