PDA

View Full Version : Off camera flash cable

E-3
3rd February 2010, 09:00 PM
Is there an Olympus off camera flash cable like the FL-CB05, but where you can also mount the flash onto the hotshoe while the cable is atached, so you can quickly remove the flash when needed & then put it back again rather than it hangin on the cable in space ? ( I`m not sure I have described this very well ). :o

shenstone
3rd February 2010, 09:12 PM
Not from Oly I'm afraid.

I know exactly what you mean and its a pain not to be able to "dock" the gun when you're not using it

I've resorted to using the FL-BK01 with he FL-CB05 which as you note does have a hotshoe base instead of it's normal FL-CB02 when I've needed flexibility. This is an expensive option mind

Regards
Andy

theMusicMan
3rd February 2010, 10:06 PM
I bought a cheap Canon one off eBay... works fine on my E-3.

Ian
4th February 2010, 11:21 AM
I bought a cheap Canon one off eBay... works fine on my E-3.

Yes, as fate would have it, the Canon and Olympus flash contacts are in about the same positions on the hot shoe, so Canon fit accessories (where there are no electronics, like cables) can be used and there are some good value third-party solutions out there.

Ian

j.baker
4th February 2010, 11:40 AM
I have a clone Canon cable here. They work well.

shenstone
4th February 2010, 05:59 PM
Hi Guys

I know that Canon cables work, but the question is whether you can dock a flash on top of them when they are used.

In the FL-CB05 the cable comes out of the top of the section that's on the camera meaning you can't "park" the flashgun.

Most of the other models I've seen do the same, but if the cable came out one side or the other you could have a hotshoe connector (blank or wired) on the top of it and don't have to do the juggling act all the time

Regards
Andy

Ken Lister
5th February 2010, 10:56 AM
Hi Guys

I know that Canon cables work, but the question is whether you can dock a flash on top of them when they are used.

In the FL-CB05 the cable comes out of the top of the section that's on the camera meaning you can't "park" the flashgun.

Most of the other models I've seen do the same, but if the cable came out one side or the other you could have a hotshoe connector (blank or wired) on the top of it and don't have to do the juggling act all the time

Regards
Andy

Nissin do a 'Universal' dual shoe lead so the flash can be on top of the camera or on the lead, but you can not park the extension on top of the camera if that is what you mean, unless you can somehow convert the tripod adaptor to a hot shoe adaptor.