PDA

View Full Version : Graphics Tablets..

ndl0071
3rd February 2010, 04:32 PM
Hi All

I'm considering the purchase of a Wacom Bamboo tablet, I would be interested to know of any experiences that forum members may have either positive or negitive, I use CS3 and am hoping that it will be easier/more accurate than mouse control.

Cheers.

crimbo
3rd February 2010, 05:44 PM
Using one with CS2..as with all things once you get used to it ... and yes - I would buy one again

jonesy
3rd February 2010, 06:57 PM
I use one at work for my CAD drawings. I find it very easy to use, and I really like it, I find its helped ease my RSI too.

I wish I'd bought one for my home use, but I went "cheapskate" and bought a Maplin one, and I dont find that one as comfortable, so when money is better, I shall be investing in one for home use

Graham_of_Rainham
3rd February 2010, 07:08 PM
Best thing I ever bought. So much better than a mouse for PhotoShop

*chr

tomphotofx
3rd February 2010, 07:43 PM
Hi Neil,
Been using Wacom A4 & A5 tablets for about 16 years, with desktops and laptops, I use Photoshop CS3 and Painter X. The amount of control and pressure sensitivity whether selecting, painting, or cloning etc is fantastic, believe me you will never want to go back to a mouse again you will not regret it. Best of luck with your purchase.

Regards
Tom

http://picasaweb.google.com/OlympusTom

dj69
3rd February 2010, 10:11 PM
Hi Neil

I couldn't be without mine. Using a mouse is like crocheting with boxing gloves in comparison. I bought my 7yr old niece one for Christmas

David

Ian
4th February 2010, 11:19 AM
I actually have a Wacom pen-enabled tablet laptop PC (HP tx2130ea) and the Wacom system is the best and most widely supported.

That said, I do find the fact that the pen is still moving the pointer around when it isn't in contact with the table surface a problem and is probably why I only use a tablet when it's essential. It's a personal thing - you either love them or not, and I'm in the latter camp :)

Ian