PDA

View Full Version : A case for my E520 with 70-300 lens

paullus
30th January 2010, 08:24 AM
Hi
I was lucky enough to get an Olympus 70-300mm lens from Santa. With it attached to my E520 I can't comfortably fit it into my Lowepro Slingshot 100AW. So I'm looking for a topload type case such as the Lowepro Topload Zoom 2 for the times I just want to take my camera and lens out without everything else. Does anyone know if the Lowepro Topload Zoom 2 will take the E520 with the 70-300 + filter & cap attached or of a suitable alternative?
Thanks.

shenstone
30th January 2010, 08:36 AM
I've a Camera Care Systems Classic Tusker bag that does the job perfectly - so may be a suitable alternative

Regards
Andy

Pete Riley
30th January 2010, 12:35 PM
The Lowepro Cirrus TLZ25 does the job for me.*chr

cinders
30th January 2010, 01:19 PM
Try the Tamrac range - their top-load Digital Zoom 7 (possibly?) takes a camera with long'ish lens and takes lens cases on the side if you want to carry one extra.
I've got the smaller version at the moment and thinking about getting this one as it's been so good!

The guys at Tantronics were really helpful when I bought my previous one.

Batman
30th January 2010, 03:19 PM
If you liked the Slingshot 100, the Slingshot 200 takes that combination perfectly, with some spare room for other lenses etc. Just need to reverse the lens hood. I moved from the 100 to the 200 for your very reason. I sometimes still use the Slingshot 100 when traveling light.

paullus
9th February 2010, 06:27 PM
Thanks for all the replies. I actually chose the Lowepro Cirus TLZ25. Amazon Marketplace had a used one advertised at over 10 cheaper than elsewhere. It was described as very good condition with cosmetic blemishes and resealed packaging. Well I have Amazon Prime and it arrived promptly the next day complete with all tags and I can't find a mark on it. It must have been ex-display.
Anyway it does the job perfectly. I was able to take just my E520 with 70-300 attached safely out and about in Snowdonia at the weekend. A brilliant no frills bag. Just a shame it hasn't got the protective cloth flap that many other Lowepro bags have to protect the LCD from the neckstrap. I'm going to ask my better half nicely to stitch a spectacle cloth on to do the job.
Wow what a lens. I had little problem getting used to it and actually didn't suffer one blurred shot despite using its full zoom range. I can't get over the sharpness and colour rendition. Altogether I'm one happy bunny.
I am going to replace my Lowepro Slingshot 100AW for the 200 model in the near future for the days I want more choice of kit though.