PDA

View Full Version : Capture one 4 again

Scapula Memory
5th February 2008, 07:48 PM
Quick question to confirm my suggestions,

Looks like this software cannot process/alter jpegs? Is this correct? I had LE from last year the San Disk offer and just re-activated and upgraded free to CO4. Haven`t used it much but it looks and handles very well from what I see so far.

Thanks for info.

John

Ellie
5th February 2008, 11:25 PM
Looks like this software (captureone4) cannot process/alter jpegs? Is this correct?
No, it's for processing RAW. It will view JPEGs though

Scapula Memory
6th February 2008, 05:49 AM
Thanks Ellie. Going to give CO4 a bit of time at the weekend see how it compares to S2.

John.

shenstone
6th February 2008, 08:34 PM
I played with this over last weekend and I have now de-installed it !

Not because of what it did with RAW files per se, but because it threw files and folders all over my hard drive in trying to create "libraries".

The UI wasn't bad, very similar to many others in this field, and some of the output was OK, but I wasn't looking for a cataloguing program - I already have a much better one in Imatch. I wanted a RAW processor that did as it was told - it didn't, so it had to go.

Just a personal opinion

Regards
Andy

OlyPaul
6th February 2008, 09:33 PM
I played with this over last weekend and I have now de-installed it !

Andy

Me to..not because of the folders even thought that is a pain but because as most of my orfs are converted to DNG it converts them really badly.

ianc
6th February 2008, 11:08 PM
I use Capture One 4 and I have to say I like it. I don't have a problem with the file system and IMHO the UI is the best I have used. The only problem with it is if you use its noise reduction and sharpening the results look a bit mosaicy but I always do these after converting from ORF and resizing for printing or web posting.

Ian C.