PDA

View Full Version : Hire info revisions

Ian
12th January 2010, 03:58 PM
The price list for our hire service is now up to date (with revised VAT prices since the new year).

See:

http://e-group.uk.net/hire/prices.pdf

We will consider hiring kit to clients outside of the UK, but shipping costs will be considerably higher, and we need to make doubly sure of your details.

After a misunderstanding with our courier concerning their pricing options (we slightly under-charged some of our customers to date), we now have new pricing for courier delivery (which is optional), which is in a revised document on general advice concerning our hire service.

See:

http://e-group.uk.net/hire/hire_info.pdf

Yesterday I revealed that we have the E-620 and E-30 available for hire, with prices.

See:

http://e-group.uk.net/hire/camera_hire_prices.pdf

Not only that, you will get 20% off your camera hire if you hire a lens at the same time.

And of course, the up-to-7-days hire rebate offer continues (7 days for lenses and accessories and 3 days for camera bodies) should you buy the same model of new hire equipment within a month of hiring it.

If anyone has any questions, please don't hesitate to ask!

Ian

MarkVarley
12th January 2010, 06:46 PM
Where is the equipment located?
does the hire period include the shipping in transit time or time in use with a day before and after for shipping?
anything obvious not included in the insurance? (theft, robbery, reasonable accident etc).
is it a requirement to use your courier?

Ian
12th January 2010, 07:11 PM
Where is the equipment located?
does the hire period include the shipping in transit time or time in use with a day before and after for shipping?
anything obvious not included in the insurance? (theft, robbery, reasonable accident etc).
is it a requirement to use your courier?

We're in Hemel Hempstead, which is just outside the M25 (J.20) or J8 off the M1.

The booked hire period starts the day after your kit arrives and finishes at the end of the day before you have to send it back.

Reasonable reasons for loss are covered by our insurance (the insurance is for us, not the customer specifically), including theft and accidental damage, but negligence or other reasons are not covered. There is a 150 excess we ask you to reimburse us if there is a loss. So there is some cover but you should consider adding your own. We don't normally charge a deposit, but you can do so if you prefer.

You don't have to use our courier.

Ian

MarkVarley
12th January 2010, 07:19 PM
Thanks Ian,
Can I ask you to let me know when the pancake comes in?
I've printed your pdf's and nailed them to the wall ;)

Ian
13th January 2010, 09:47 AM
Thanks Ian,

Hi Mark,

I do have a 25mm pancake, but I dropped it the other day and so it's slightly damaged. It's probably OK, but would prefer it to be repaired or replaced.

Ian

MarkVarley
13th January 2010, 12:52 PM
Hi Mark,

I do have a 25mm pancake, but I dropped it the other day and so it's slightly damaged. It's probably OK, but would prefer it to be repaired or replaced.

Ian

Noted :) will be in touch soon.

Ian
22nd January 2010, 04:19 PM
Thanks Ian,

Hi Mark, I'm reliably informed that a replacement 25mm pancake lens is on its way to us today, so we should have it early next week. I'll let you know as soon as it's received.

Ian

MarkVarley
22nd January 2010, 06:03 PM
Hi Mark, I'm reliably informed that a replacement 25mm pancake lens is on its way to us today, so we should have it early next week. I'll let you know as soon as it's received.

Ian

Thats cool *chr will definately be in-touch about some bits as we need them.

25mm, 8mm & flash are currently likely.

stevednp3
23rd January 2010, 09:52 PM
Hi Ian

Hey I saw today that the forum and your lens hire had a section of page 3 in the Winter edition of Olympus user, well done.

I'll be hiring some equipment for sure this year, thanks again for the service

*chr
Steve

Ian
25th January 2010, 11:34 AM
Hi Ian

Hey I saw today that the forum and your lens hire had a section of page 3 in the Winter edition of Olympus user, well done.

I'll be hiring some equipment for sure this year, thanks again for the service

*chr
Steve

Yes, since Olympus User moved to Bright Publishing, we have at last had a decent mention!

Ian

zach1
5th February 2010, 10:25 PM
Ian

Just joined the forum at last. Just a quick word to say thanks for the ease of transaction with the hire. May well be emailing you regarding a 35-100 f/2 for next weekend to cover some indoor athletics. 3 day hire Fri 12th Feb - Sun 14th Feb. Any chance you could email me regarding availability.

Thanks again

Zach

Ian
6th February 2010, 08:53 AM
Hi Zach - glad to be of service!

Yes we have a 35-100 for you for next week and we'll be in touch soon to arrange the booking. I memory serves - you are our first repeat customer :)

Ian

Julia
6th February 2010, 09:58 AM
Thanks too, Zach, for the repeat business.

May I please add that the best place to order/ reserve hire equipment is the form on www.e-group.uk.net/hire. We would hate to miss everyone!

shirley
6th February 2010, 12:17 PM
I am interested in trying the ring flash for some macro/close up pics, however I do not have a clue how to use it. Does the hire of the flash include instructions or is it self explanatory? Also does it fit with any lens or body? Sorry if these seem like numpty questions but I really do not have a clue how to use a ring flash.
Thank you

Ian
8th February 2010, 12:36 PM
I am interested in trying the ring flash for some macro/close up pics, however I do not have a clue how to use it. Does the hire of the flash include instructions or is it self explanatory? Also does it fit with any lens or body? Sorry if these seem like numpty questions but I really do not have a clue how to use a ring flash.
Thank you

Hi Shirley, it so happens that I'm working on an article for FTU to introduce the wonders of the Olympus ring flash system.

http://e-group.uk.net/files/forum_images/ringflash.jpg

Unlike the Olympus Twin Flash set, the Ring Flash only fits certain lenses, either mounting directly via the lens' bayonet fitting for the lens hood, or via an adapter. It mounts directly to the 14-54mm Mark I, 50-200mm Mark I (non-SWD), 50mm f/2 Macro (using FS1 adapter), and 35mm f/3.5 Macro (using FS1 adapter).

The Twin Flash set is much more versatile because it mounts via either a 67mm or 72mm filter thread on the lens. In theory you could mount it on other lenses using a filter thread stepping ring as well. The main requirement is for the front of the lens not to rotate when focusing, which is the case with most Olympus ZD lenses.

Both use the same FS-FC1 Macro Flash Controller, which is a modified FL-50 flash unit.

I'll be honest - I'm not a very accomplished macro photographer, so I'd like to ask if anyone has used either the ring flash or twin flash and has some good shots, would you like them featured in a gallery to go with my ringflash and twin flash articles? If so, please get in touch :)

Ian

Kittykat23uk
13th August 2010, 01:39 PM
Hello Ian,

You'll have seen as I submitted a form that I'm thinking of either buying and/or hiring hiring a telephoto lens for a safari in October. Possibly buying the 70-300 and maybe hiring the 50-200 or :confused: Not sure.

Which one would you recommend? It's for my new E-620 I'm totally new to 4/3having just bought into the system with this and the twin lens kit.

My dates are 2nd to 23rd October inclusive.

Oh and another thing, do you hapopen to know if there is an underwater housing available for the E620 and if so, would you ever consider getting on in to hire out?

thanks,

Jo

Wreckdiver
13th August 2010, 02:32 PM
There are two UW housings for the E-620 that I am aware of, the Olympus PT-E06 (http://www.warehouseexpress.com/buy-olympus-pt-e06-waterproof-case-for-e-620/p1033466) and the Ikelite #6856.20 (http://www.camerasunderwater.co.uk/ikelite/slr/oly_e620.html).

These system are modular, so in addition to the housing body you will need a port, port body and strobe system (if required).

Steve

The Saint
14th August 2010, 07:10 AM
Jo

I think Ian is on holiday for a couple of weeks, so you might not get a response straight away.

Didn't want you to think he was ignoring you.

Personally if you have the money I would hire the 50-200 with the EC14 teleconverter. This gives you the flexibility of the a similar range and aperture to the 70-300 as well as the quality from the 50-200 on it's own. Although as your going on Safari and the light it likely to be very good, the 70-300 will perform well.

Simon

Kittykat23uk
15th August 2010, 11:21 AM
Thanks Simon. I'm seriously thinking about this as an option :)

I'd be interested to know if the UW housing/ports and stobes would be available or added to the hire inventory at some point. Not at all urgent, I've not really had chance to use me C5050 with the housing I got since I've not been diving in a while but its useful to know for upcoming trips that's all.

Thanks

Jo

Julia
18th August 2010, 10:26 AM
Hi,

We are on holiday at the moment but do have internet access. Hire requests for September onwards please email hire@e-group.uk.net.

Unfortunately I don't think we will be offering underwater housing in the near future.

Ian will be back here (in France) this afternoon to answer any queries.

Julia

ringneck
30th August 2010, 05:40 PM
How cheeky could I be.....this much....

Have you any plans to have something like the 20% discounts in the near future,so I could think about hiring some of the "big" stuff.

If I had an E30 with a 300mm 2.8 it would have 20% off the E30.
So if I could then get another 20 % off the lens as well ...dreamland.

I have chosen these to see if I could get some better images or just to prove it was me all along.

Thanks
Keith *chr

Ian
13th September 2010, 02:26 PM
How cheeky could I be.....this much....

Have you any plans to have something like the 20% discounts in the near future,so I could think about hiring some of the "big" stuff.

If I had an E30 with a 300mm 2.8 it would have 20% off the E30.
So if I could then get another 20 % off the lens as well ...dreamland.

I have chosen these to see if I could get some better images or just to prove it was me all along.

Thanks
Keith *chr

Hi Keith,

I think Julia has asked you to get in touch so we can see what we can do, but we haven't heard from you. Please send and email with your requirements to hire@e-group.uk.net.

As a policy, we don't do discounts by request, but we will do our best to assist you in obtaining the very best value!

Ian

ringneck
13th September 2010, 05:55 PM
Thanks IAN for getting in touch...I have not heard from Julia.......as I said I was being a bit cheeky and did not intend to ask for any special treatment and I should NOT get any either.

I want to hire that Camera/Lens combo but will need to confirm some days off work before asking to hire them.

You probably have the answer to my next question somewhere but here goes.
Is it possible for me to return the hired stuff personally as I am nervous trusting the post.

Thanks again
Keith *chr

Ian
13th September 2010, 06:01 PM
Thanks IAN for getting in touch...I have not heard from Julia.......as I said I was being a bit cheeky and did not intend to ask for any special treatment and I should NOT get any either.

I want to hire that Camera/Lens combo but will need to confirm some days off work before asking to hire them.

You probably have the answer to my next question somewhere but here goes.
Is it possible for me to return the hired stuff personally as I am nervous trusting the post.

Thanks again
Keith *chr

She posted in this thread :)

Yes personal collections and returns are fine by arrangement.

Ian