PDA

View Full Version : Where do you take your photos?

Ellie
4th February 2008, 10:51 PM
Not quite the same as asking where people live, which is a bit personal, but I thought I'd share both my favourite online mapping site and the places where I like to go to take pictures.

To see the map click inside the black box.

Anywhere in the south-ish New Forest (http://www.flashearth.com/?lat=50.843888&lon=-1.494141&z=11.2&r=0&src=msl)

Keyhaven and the sea wall at Pennington (http://www.flashearth.com/?lat=50.727587&lon=-1.549121&z=14.2&r=0&src=msl)

The Common and Old Cemetery in Southampton (http://www.flashearth.com/?lat=50.92234&lon=-1.413954&z=15.6&r=0&src=msl)

Where are your favourite places to take photographs?

E-P1 fan
5th February 2008, 07:12 AM
Nice part of the country Ellie. I bought my car from down there too :)

North Devon and Suffolk are my favourite locations in which to do a bit of snapping

PeterD
5th February 2008, 09:07 AM
Hi Ellie,

At this time of the year Langstone harbour is a good place to go. Farlington Marshes to the North, BroadMarsh to the East and Milton Common to the West.

Kind regards

PeterD

ianc
5th February 2008, 09:15 AM
For me it's the Scottish highlands. They look magnificent no matter the time of year.

Ian C.

HughofBardfield
5th February 2008, 10:29 AM
I would vote for the coast, just about anywhere in Britain, but especially around "the castle coast" of Northumbria, and around Aldeburgh in Suffolk. Always something happening, constantly changing light, moving water - lovely!

DerekC
5th February 2008, 09:04 PM
My favourite location is The North Yorkshire Moors, particuraly around Dalby Forest and the coast line between Robin Hoods Bay and Whitby. The area always provides lots of interest and the light and colours are always changing.

Best Regards

Derek C

art frames
5th February 2008, 09:09 PM
I like going to Nature reserves and sites for rare butterflies. The photography is second to the joy at seeing butterflies and helps as record and reminder of lovely days.

For landscape I would always say the North East coastline and Scotland for rugged beauty and Dorset and Devon for the most beautiful countryside.

peter

Jim Ford
5th February 2008, 09:11 PM
For me it's the Scottish highlands. They look magnificent no matter the time of year.

Me too - I'm already planning my major trek into the Cairngorms this year. It's a pity that it's an 8 hr blast for me, though!

Jim Ford

PeterD
5th February 2008, 09:11 PM
My favourite location is The North Yorkshire Moors, particuraly around Dalby Forest and the coast line between Robin Hoods Bay and Whitby. The area always provides lots of interest and the light and colours are always changing.

Best Regards

Derek C

I agree with your sugestions. I have relatives who live in and around Monk Fryston (between Leeds and Selby). Often visit and go on the Moors. Whitby is a magic place. Hardly spoiled at all. This year I shall visit with the E3:D

PeterD

ianc
5th February 2008, 10:07 PM
Me too - I'm already planning my major trek into the Cairngorms this year. It's a pity that it's an 8 hr blast for me, though!

Jim Ford

Hi Jim,

I was once offered a job down your neck of the woods for a lot more money than I was earning at the time. Although it was tempting the thought of living so far away from mountains was too awful to contemplate. There are some things money can't buy. As the forecast looks good the E3 and I are going to play on the Isle of Arran tomorrow, another of my favourite places for photos. Have fun in the Cairngorms I should be passing through there in May on the TGO Challenge coast to coast walk.

Ian C.

Ellie
5th February 2008, 11:07 PM
Wow, some lovely parts of the country.

Fond memories, we used to live not far from Aberdeen, long before the days of digital. There's some wonderful scenery up there, so completely different from the south of England.

Does anybody like taking pictures in built up areas, in towns or cities?

andym
6th February 2008, 07:55 AM
Wow, some lovely parts of the country.

Fond memories, we used to live not far from Aberdeen, long before the days of digital. There's some wonderful scenery up there, so completely different from the south of England.

Does anybody like taking pictures in built up areas, in towns or cities?

Ellie

Although I a great one for the country side and nature(I am lucky enough to live in Epping Forest)I often go out walking industrial sites in the East end which is only a few stops down the Central line.I used to love walking round what is to become the Olympic site but am not very happy what they are doing to it.For and inner city site it used to have so much wild life around the canals but I afraid not as much now.
I also love walking along the Thames form London out towards the coast again which is quite industrial but very good for wildlife.
The Regents canal is another favorite.
As for country site my favorites are probably Cornwall,Dartmoor,Witshire around Avebury and Romney Marshes.

Ellie
6th February 2008, 11:34 PM
We're lucky, aren't we, to have so many lovely places to visit when we go out with our cameras :)

(Can't see anything much wrong with your spelling Andy)

Meogeo
6th February 2008, 11:43 PM
I will be taking my camera to all the sites I goto when touring in my caravan. I wish I had the E-510 last year as we toured Scotland.

Roll on Easter when the touring starts again at Bakewell. :)