PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone help, What is this item?

rea4444
8th January 2010, 07:14 PM
Hi,

I don't know what this is called, but I've seen it on TV.

When watching a photo shoot on the TV last week, I saw the photograper take photos and they went stright to his laptop which he could see right away, he had his laptop linked with his camera, I dont know if it was by cable or not....

Does anyone know what it is and where I can get it from and best one to buy??????

Thanks

crimbo
8th January 2010, 07:26 PM
Look at Olympus Studio software or Capture One 5

Zuiko
8th January 2010, 07:33 PM
It's called tethered shooting and there was a thread connected to this on the forum last year http://www.e-group.uk.net/forum/showthread.php?p=52178
This should help for starters but hopefully someone with a bit more knowledge than me will pitch in some more advice and information. :)

benvendetta
8th January 2010, 09:20 PM
But you do need a version of Studio. I am sure that Master won't do.

DerekW
9th January 2010, 03:30 PM
You can also get devices that sit in the card slot of the camera and act as a WiFi transmitter to send the images to the local network and on to the computer. Do not know much more about them but I saw some at a show.

Edit

Just had a look in the B&H Catalog and found a thing called Eye-Fi which is a SD format device that transmits images to the network.
For more info see

http://www.eye.fi/

stevednp3
10th January 2010, 03:18 PM
I use my camera to do tethered shooting its very useful for macro work, all you need is Olympus Studio and connect your camera via USB

What was the show you saw on TV, is it a regular series, if so can you let me know what channel its on, I'd be intrested to watch it. *chr

davec916
12th January 2010, 07:16 AM
Look at Olympus Studio software or Capture One 5

Just had a quick look at it seems Capture One does not support Olympus DSLRs for tethered shooting :-(

Regards,

rea4444
13th January 2010, 12:45 PM
I use my camera to do tethered shooting its very useful for macro work, all you need is Olympus Studio and connect your camera via USB

What was the show you saw on TV, is it a regular series, if so can you let me know what channel its on, I'd be intrested to watch it. *chr

Hi, thanks for all your help.
I'm sorry to say the TV show was America's next top model.
Just like the photo shoots and the diffrent ways they do them.

I think im going to get the Olympus Studio 2, as cant see any others that with with my E-620.

Thanks again everyone...

rea4444
13th January 2010, 02:00 PM
Hi, thanks for all your help.
I'm sorry to say the TV show was America's next top model.
Just like the photo shoots and the diffrent ways they do them.

I think im going to get the Olympus Studio 2, as cant see any others that with with my E-620.

Thanks again everyone...

Thanks *chr

stevednp3
13th January 2010, 02:07 PM
Ah ha thanks for letting me know the tv show, wouldnt have thought about that for picking up techniques and photo ideas. *chr

I have been watching a series on (I think) National Geographic Channel called PhotoXplorers its about a group of photographers going out on various shoots, landscapes, buildings and is very good for picking up tips, Also if you use itunes there are 1000's of very good video podcasts posted on a weekly basis, even a few olympus dedicated ones

Good choice on the Studio 2, you wont regret it, a know a few people dont like it, but since the last few updates I use it for all my RAW processing and tethered shooting and I get on with it very well *yes