PDA

View Full Version : FL-36 and E3 flash cable

geirsan
17th December 2009, 06:24 PM
I've got an E3, one FL-36 and one FL-36R. I want to use both flashes off camera, but need some kind of remote cable to connect the FL-36 to my E3. I must be me, but I can't find any suitable cable from looking through the Olympus site. What cable can I use to connect the FL36 to the flash socket? It mustn't cost too much.*chr

photo_owl
17th December 2009, 07:22 PM
the only way to use them both off camera is to use the normal flash to hot shoe cable to connect the FL36 and then use the FL36R in slave mode - the same as if you put the 36 in the hot shoe and the 36R remotely in slave but with a metre of distance...

cable is either a Canon off shoe flash cord 2 or the Olympus one - can't remember the number

theMusicMan
17th December 2009, 07:53 PM
Grab a Canon one... hey work on the E3 too. I have one and it's perfect. It attaches to the flash and E-3, and allows me to hold my FL50 off camera. I can't remember the site I got it from, but it was on eBay.

EH1
17th December 2009, 08:12 PM
Olympus FL-CB05 is the cable you need. ;)

stevednp3
17th December 2009, 08:32 PM
You can find olympus clone / copy cables on ebay quite cheap and work just as good as the orginal *yes

geirsan
17th December 2009, 11:33 PM
Well, seems like the FL-CB05 is the one I'm looking for, but I would like to know the makes of the alternatives mentioned here. I don't dare buying something I don't know what is, so if anyone here knows the name of the Canon cable I'd appreciate it just to have an alternative to the FL-CB05.

photo_owl
18th December 2009, 08:05 AM
Well, seems like the FL-CB05 is the one I'm looking for, but I would like to know the makes of the alternatives mentioned here. I don't dare buying something I don't know what is, so if anyone here knows the name of the Canon cable I'd appreciate it just to have an alternative to the FL-CB05.

it's the

"off shoe flash cord 2"

or similar wording

stevednp3
18th December 2009, 10:09 AM
I think the original cost me 40 but I did find out after that there are clone versions available for around 12 - 18, like here

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Off-Camera-Shoe-Cord-TTL-For-Olympus-FL-CB05-FL-50-AU08_W0QQitemZ300371130967QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Ca merasPhoto_CameraAccessories_CameraCablesConnector s?hash=item45ef83ba57

On another point does anyone know if I can use the FL-36R as a slave, what I would like to do is position the flash behind someone for backlighting and use the popup flash for fill in at the front and trigger the FL-36 at the same time

I know I can do it wireless, but I dont get enough light from the pop up for the front as its only acting as a transmitter *chr