PDA

View Full Version : Haunted y the past

shenstone
1st February 2008, 05:52 PM
Hmmm

Had the day off today ( hence a few daytime posts as I snuck away from the list of jobs I had.

One of these "jobs" I set myself was to clear out the drawers of my old desk in my den which were moved complete with contents when we moved house a bit over 3 years ago.

To the dilemma ... I found 2 rolls of unused film (1 Fuju Velvia & 1 Kodak Elite) so do I ..

1. Dust off one of the Old Pentax's and remind myself what it's like to shoot in a truly RAW format

2. Put them back before I get tempted and upset that I've got something else I need to push through the slide scanner & then amuse myself in a decade when I find them again.

Answers on a postcard please to the usual address

Regards
Andy

angelpaaul
1st February 2008, 07:17 PM
I'd go for No 1 just for the fun of it. I recently dusted off an old OM2n, loaded it with a 36exp roll of Ilford FP4 B/W and visited my local botanical gardens (Ness Gardens on the Wirral).

I had a great time. One lens (50mm), no zoom, no auto focus, no auto wind and no instant playback. Oh, and single ISO, no changing the speed to suit the light.

With only 36 shots per roll (no checking and deleting bum shots) it makes you think very carefully about each shot. Then again the only thing I had to worry about was getting the exposure/focus right, very few buttons on an OM2. In a odd way, it was good to get back to basics using a simple camera. Frustrating too, having to wait until the film's developed to see the results.

How did they turn out? I don't know, I'll have to wait until tomorrow when I get them back from my local lab (I used to do my own but can't be bothered for just a couple of rolls).

So, go on, have a play, you'll love it!

Regards - Paul