PDA

View Full Version : Free backpack question

andym
1st February 2008, 01:07 PM
Just out of interest I'm sure I've read that some of you put the E3 with the grip attached in the backpack.I've had a go but still cannot come up with a way I like.
Can anyone post picture of how you have done this.

rich s
1st February 2008, 01:55 PM
Would be nice to have received my back pack to find out ....!
(have the grip)

beardedwombat
1st February 2008, 02:49 PM
Would be nice to have received my back pack to find out ....!
(have the grip)
Same here! Still waiting.........:(

R MacE
1st February 2008, 03:23 PM
I put mine in like so. E-3 + Grip + EC-2.0 + 50-200mm with the hood fitted.

http://e-group.uk.net/gallery/data/500/2234201065_544560f2ef_o.jpg (http://e-group.uk.net/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/2385)

peak4
1st February 2008, 09:13 PM
Hi, Been out for a walk today on the Trans-Pennine trail near Doncaster with the following layout.
Clockwise from bottom left.
50-500mm Bigma, 50mm Macro, 50-200mm, 12-60mm, E-3 & grip, EC-14 & EX-25 & spare battery, E-1 with 7-14mm & grip.
the E-1, E-3 and the 12-60mm & 7-14mm are interchangable, allowing me to wear one and have the other for easy access.
Today I had the E-3 & Bigma round my neck with the E-1 as shown or with the 12-60mm fitted. that is until it started snowing, when I swapped the Bigma for something waterproof.

It all carries quite well, but I've noticed that the right hand shoulder strap is tearing the stitching out already:mad:

It's a bit difficult as it's a freeby; if I'd shelled out a load of cash for it, I'd be back to the shop in short order. The little CF pocket in the shoulder battery pouch was torn when it arrived too. I hope the E-3's more reliable.

Melaka
2nd February 2008, 08:06 AM
It all carries quite well, but I've noticed that the right hand shoulder strap is tearing the stitching out already:mad:

It's a bit difficult as it's a freeby; if I'd shelled out a load of cash for it, I'd be back to the shop in short order. The little CF pocket in the shoulder battery pouch was torn when it arrived too. I hope the E-3's more reliable.

My advice is to send it back. The backpack (and the HLD4) is part of the contract you entered into with the vendor and Olympus when you bought the camera. If any of the items, whether 'free' or not, is not fit for purpose you are entitled to a replacement. It doesn't matter that one item came from a shop and the other from Olympus. One of the motives you had for buying the camera when you did was the offer of extra goodies as part of the package. I'd be surprised if Olympus were to argue the toss.

sapper
2nd February 2008, 01:28 PM
Anyone got a slingshot that they could compare the oly bag with?
Dave.

E-P1 fan
2nd February 2008, 03:10 PM
I can only compare mine to my Lowepro Mini Trekker.
The Lowepro is very good - very well made and ergonomic but the Oly bag in IMHO is miles better