PDA

View Full Version : How times 'a change eh...?

theMusicMan
31st January 2008, 11:19 PM
I've been a Mac convert for almost 8 months now, and bought Heather one for Christmas, and my wife one for her birthday earlier this month. Took a little longer to get them to see the light, but Jen especially loves hers now.

My lad has started taking an active interest in all things Mac now, as he feels somewhat left out with his Dell gamer PC... :) He's loving the look of the iMac so I've told him to start saving or get in the queue :)

Tonight Heather asked me if I'd please put the music she has on her decrepit 4 yr old Acer steam-driven laptop onto her Macbook. I said of course, but then Lloyd came along and offered to do it for her. I started offering advice as to where he could find the iTunes library on the PC, and how he should go about transferring the files... he simply put his hand up in a facing me gesture, and said... "Dad, leave it with the burns meister, I do know what to do you know..."

Heather now has her music files all synced with her iPod from her Mac.

I am now officially redundant!!!! :D

Nick Temple-Fry
31st January 2008, 11:26 PM
I've been a Mac convert for almost 8 months now, and bought Heather one for Christmas, and my wife one for her birthday earlier this month. Took a little longer to get them to see the light, but Jen especially loves hers now.

My lad has started taking an active interest in all things Mac now, as he feels somewhat left out with his Dell gamer PC... :) He's loving the look of the iMac so I've told him to start saving or get in the queue :)

Tonight Heather asked me if I'd please put the music she has on her decrepit 4 yr old Acer steam-driven laptop onto her Macbook. I said of course, but then Lloyd came along and offered to do it for her. I started offering advice as to where he could find the iTunes library on the PC, and how he should go about transferring the files... he simply put his hand up in a facing me gesture, and said... "Dad, leave it with the burns meister, I do know what to do you know..."

Are they buying the food, paying the mortgage, providing the taxi service?

If no, then you are still needed, just your value is starting to drop.

Nick

PeterD
31st January 2008, 11:30 PM

Seems to me that your cunning plan has worked well John. A well trained son to release you from the demands that would take you away from photography;)

Well done:D

All the best

PeterD

shenstone
1st February 2008, 08:41 AM

Don't be down about it !!!!

Lean on him a little more, and you can focus ALL your time on your photography !!!:D

theMusicMan
1st February 2008, 08:45 AM
Don't be down about it !!!!

Lean on him a little more, and you can focus ALL your time on your photography !!!:DHehe.... hey.... listen.... he may be 6'1" and built like the proverbial brick house, (I am 5' nothing) but he still can't beat me in an arm wrestling contest!!:D

Maybe there's hope for me yet!

art frames
1st February 2008, 09:47 AM
I wish he was here. I have my new mac to setup, transfer old one to Julia, reset wireless lan and move all of my/her files and settings around. But I love it really, and then I have a 30 inch monitor to look at pictures on. Working for yourself isn't all bad! :D

Peter

PS I bet he lets you win at arm wrestling. Part of the game of still getting dad to buy the toys...;)

Ellie
1st February 2008, 10:21 PM
Hehe.... hey.... listen.... he may be 6'1" and built like the proverbial brick house, (I am 5' nothing) but he still can't beat me in an arm wrestling contest!!:D
Our son keeps on telling us to move across to Linux :rolleyes:

I am now officially redundant!!!!
We're a still a very long way from that. I reckon true independence comes when they have their own lawnmower.

theMusicMan
1st February 2008, 10:32 PM
Our son keeps on telling us to move across to Linux :rolleyes:

We're a still a very long way from that. I reckon true independence comes when they have their own lawnmower.hehe.. sure, ans especially when they then use that lawnmower to cur our lawns!!!! :D:D

PeterD
1st February 2008, 10:37 PM
hehe.. sure, ans especially when they then use that lawnmower to cur our lawns!!!! :D:D

You should be so lucky. If mine breaks down I am generously offerred the use of theirs:(

PeterD

Jim Ford
2nd February 2008, 11:26 AM

No, you're just 'sub-prime'!

Jim Ford