PDA

View Full Version : E-group Olympus gear hire service board

Ian
1st December 2009, 08:49 AM
Now that we are just about up and running with the hire/rental service, I've created this board for people to ask questions about the service or to report back on their experience using it.

We have some of the inventory we aim to offer, and we have finalised pricing, see:

http://e-group.uk.net/files/e-group_hire_details1.pdf

I will post news of new arrivals to the stock here as we go along.

Later today I will confirm our promotion that will involve rebates of up to 100% of your hire cost should you eventually buy the same model of lens that you tried through the hire service :)

For now, to book an item, please email hire@e-group.uk.net, detailing when you would like to use your chosent item(s) of gear, and for how many days. We will respond as soon as possible.

We're working on a website for online ordering, but this is not quite ready yet.

Nevertheless, the service is available now, so if you need anything, please get in touch!

Ian

dbutch
1st December 2009, 01:57 PM
Good luck with the venture Ian

I will be using it as and when I have requirements

Dave

Mr Jones
2nd December 2009, 02:33 AM
Yay! An Olympus E-System lens hiring service in the UK!
It's good news for me for when I need to hire specific lenses, be it for a special occasion or just to try and have fun with it. I think the prices are fair, the postage of RMSD paid for by user each way is too expensive. But that's just my opinion.

BTW, you have a typo for the 12-60mm, it's f2.8-4.0, the 3.5 is for the 14-54mm :p

Ian
2nd December 2009, 08:34 AM
Yay! An Olympus E-System lens hiring service in the UK!
It's good news for me for when I need to hire specific lenses, be it for a special occasion or just to try and have fun with it. I think the prices are fair, the postage of RMSD paid for by user each way is too expensive. But that's just my opinion.

BTW, you have a typo for the 12-60mm, it's f2.8-4.0, the 3.5 is for the 14-54mm :p

Thanks for that. We recommend RMSD for folks to return their hire gear, but we would normally use a courier to collect from us and deliver next day by 4PM. There is nothing to stop you from arranging your own courier to collect, or to collect and return in person if required. We are far too small to be able to negotiate volume discounts, but the hire rates we offer are significantly cheaper than Nikon and Canon hire services, so we feel this more than compensates for a few quid on the shipping. We make no profit on shipping charges at all, incidentally, we just pass them on.

Ian

oly_om
2nd December 2009, 03:53 PM
Thanks for that. We recommend RMSD for folks to return their hire gear, but we would normally use a courier to collect from us and deliver next day by 4PM. There is nothing to stop you from arranging your own courier to collect, or to collect and return in person if required. We are far too small to be able to negotiate volume discounts, but the hire rates we offer are significantly cheaper than Nikon and Canon hire services, so we feel this more than compensates for a few quid on the shipping. We make no profit on shipping charges at all, incidentally, we just pass them on.

Ian

Try these guys:

https://www.transglobal.org.uk/Default.asp

They have accounts with many couriers (DHL, UPS etc.) and can pass on part of their volume discount to the individual. I have used them before and they work out a lot cheaper than going direct to the courier as a member of the public.

Andy