PDA

View Full Version : have olympus changed their offer on the e620?

MARS
27th November 2009, 12:04 PM
Am I mistaken or did the olympus uk website previously state that purchasers of the 620, between certain dates, could claim a free grip and a free battery? I am sure that's what i read before but now it seems to have changed to just the battery. Can any recent buyers shed some light on this?

OlyPaul
27th November 2009, 01:01 PM
They did though I cannot remember the expirey date of the offer.

But where I had mine from are still offering the free grip

http://www.srsmicrosystems.co.uk/2474/Olympus-E620-Digital-SLR-Camera-Body---HLD-5-Grip---Extra-BLS-1-Battery-.html

dbutch
27th November 2009, 01:06 PM
I don't believe the grip for the E-620 ever appeared on the Oly site it seemed to be via participating dealers

Dave

StephenL
27th November 2009, 01:08 PM
As far as I recall Dave is correct - the grip was from certain resellers whereas the battery was direct from Olympus Germany for EU customers.

MARS
27th November 2009, 01:28 PM
I have just been reading an article on ephotozine about the olympus offers, dated 7th oct. It says the 620 now comes with the grip as standard. Some retailers seem to be offering it and others not.
http://www.ephotozine.com/article/Olympus-E30-E620-and-Zuiko-Digital-Lenses-offers-12296

MARS
27th November 2009, 01:51 PM
Also, see four third user article stating the grip comes as standard.
http://fourthirds-user.com/2009/10/three_exciting_offers_for_the_olympus_e30_e620_and _zuiko_digital_lenses.php

I presume this info was supplied by olympus. It is not stated on their own website though. Is it a limited amount of stock they supplied with the grip or what? If I buy an e620 and it does not come with the grip, will olympus supply it free along with the free extra battery?
Perhaps Ian will know something about this.

Ian
27th November 2009, 02:42 PM
The grip comes as standard with the E-620 and all UK dealers should have them in stock with their E-620s.

The extra battery needs to be claimed separately.

Ian

crimbo
27th November 2009, 04:36 PM

Ian

which I still haven't done due to the faff of getting all the paperwork together and posting it off!

peak4
27th November 2009, 05:38 PM
The grip comes as standard with the E-620 and all UK dealers should have them in stock with their E-620s.

Ian

Obviously nothing against you Ian, but it's a bit annoying for the early adopters. We are left trying to pick up one in a sale or via ebay, if we can't afford to shell out loads of dosh for a new one. :(
I guess the moral is; don't support Olympus with the launch of a new product, but wait until the initial bugs have been addressed. Then you might even get a free gift too.:rolleyes:

Personally, I'm probably not in the market for one anyway as I bought the 620 as a small camera, for when I don't want the bulk of the E-3. (Unless of course they extend the offer to be retrospective :) )

jonesy
27th November 2009, 07:51 PM

Ian

Ian, could you tell me a little about this please. I bought one from Park and didnt get a grip. Who would I need to contact, and what would I ask/tell them?

Thanks

MARS
28th November 2009, 10:54 PM
Park cameras seem to be charging an extra 70 for the grip. It would appear that they are trying to pull a fast one, if the grip is supposed to be free.
Is there an official statement/advertisement from Olympus regarding this offer? I am still confused. I guess there must be both old stock out there without the grip and stock with the grip, with dealers choosing how they want to present the offer, (or not, as the case may be).

alanj
15th December 2009, 05:10 PM
Just bought an E620 from LSE. On asking they supplied a grip F.O.C.

OwenMc
27th January 2010, 11:41 PM

Ian

Quick turnaround on the battery from Olympus - less than 10 days from me posting off the paperwork. So now I've got 3 batteries, just in case :-)

Mike_in_Germany
29th January 2010, 12:33 PM
Hi all,
With 'Grip' am I right in thinking you mean the HLD-5. If so then this in Germany at least is being sold separately from the camera+kit for a price of 245.00 Euros. Dreadful price, but they have one for the 520, the HLD-4 for 299.00 Euros. I cant say if this will fit the 400 series.

Mike

Ian
29th January 2010, 12:37 PM
Hi all,
With 'Grip' am I right in thinking you mean the HLD-5. If so then this in Germany at least is being sold separately from the camera+kit for a price of 245.00 Euros. Dreadful price, but they have one for the 520, the HLD-4 for 299.00 Euros. I cant say if this will fit the 400 series.

Mike

You mean the E-620 I think?

I posted clarification here:

http://e-group.uk.net/forum/showthread.php?t=7990

Ian

Ian