PDA

View Full Version : Help

Brynpj
23rd November 2009, 10:32 AM
Sorry if this is in the wrong area but could not find a general help area.
I have somehow locked the aperture settings on my e500 and do not know how to unlock it. The camera comes on but whatever setting I use it will not focus because the aperture shows --.-- and I can not change it. I have used the custom reset on the menu but to no avail. Any assistance would be great.
thank you
Bryn

Sorry it is now sorted I removed the battery while the camera was turned on waited a couple of minutes then re-inserted the battery and everything was fine

Nick Temple-Fry
23rd November 2009, 10:37 AM
Sounds like lens/body communications - worth checking the lens is properly seated on the body and that the contacts are clean.

Nick

Ian
23rd November 2009, 10:43 AM
Sounds like lens/body communications - worth checking the lens is properly seated on the body and that the contacts are clean.

Nick

Nick, you beat me to it :)

Make sure the lens is rotated fully in its mount and that the electrical contacts are clean :)

Ian

Brynpj
23rd November 2009, 11:44 AM

Nick

Cheers Nick
I will remember that for the future should it happen again

Bryn

dbutch
23rd November 2009, 12:51 PM
One thing to remember when fitting the lens DON'T press the lens release button - apparently the lens can slightly over rotate and can cause this fault - Just rotate the lens till it clicks in place.

Dave