PDA

View Full Version : How di I check lens Firmware version...?

theMusicMan
29th January 2008, 07:27 PM
Hi All

I just had a thought about the current firmware updates available for the E-3 and 70-300mm lens (and E-510 of course)...

I ran the update with my E-3 connected and with the 70-300mm lens attached. All seemed to go through successfully but how do I know if the firmware update has been applied to the lens and not just the E-3. It is easy to check the camera has been updated by either looking at the firmware version, or checking for one of the new features. I checked for the addition of a manual focal length lens entry for IS and yes, it's there so I can assume all has been updated on the camera fine and dandy.

So good folk of e-group - how do I check the lens firmware please...?

Ta

Invicta
29th January 2008, 07:38 PM
Hi

Attach the lens in question, then in the main menu select spanner 2 > firmware and it will display the body and attached lens firmware versions

PeterD
29th January 2008, 07:54 PM
Hi All

I just had a thought about the current firmware updates available for the E-3 and 70-300mm lens (and E-510 of course)...

I ran the update with my E-3 connected and with the 70-300mm lens attached. All seemed to go through successfully but how do I know if the firmware update has been applied to the lens and not just the E-3. It is easy to check the camera has been updated by either looking at the firmware version, or checking for one of the new features. I checked for the addition of a manual focal length lens entry for IS and yes, it's there so I can assume all has been updated on the camera fine and dandy.

So good folk of e-group - how do I check the lens firmware please...?

Ta

John,

You did go through the firmware update twice didn't you? The first time by selecting the camera firmware update and the second time by selecting the lens firmware update.

PeterD

theMusicMan
30th January 2008, 12:22 AM
John,

You did go through the firmware update twice didn't you? The first time by selecting the camera firmware update and the second time by selecting the lens firmware update.

PeterDOf course I did... :):) (can you see my nose getting bigger by the second Peter...)

d'oh!!!

All done now... :o

PeterD
30th January 2008, 10:05 AM
Of course I did... :):) (can you see my nose getting bigger by the second Peter...)

d'oh!!!

All done now... :o

I almost fell for it too:o and thats why I thought others might have.

Best regards

PeterD

theMusicMan
30th January 2008, 10:59 AM
Thanks for the heads up about running the update a second time Peter... I didn't... and feel daft for not doing so... :)