PDA

View Full Version : Editing EXIF using Vista

Ellie
10th November 2009, 04:56 PM
I expect I'm the last person in the world to learn how to do this, but the other day I discovered I could add details to EXIF data very easily, using nothing more than Vista.

I experimented a bit, and learned I could add a title and other stuff to either just one or to a whole set of pictures at once.

This is how, and it's easy.

Right click on the image, look at "properties" then "details" which brings up a box where you can add title (removing 'Olympus Imaging Corps'), subject, rating by stars, comments and all sorts of other things including author, date and copyright and so on, even the camera registration number.

To do it for a whole folder of images you just select them all and do the same.

Does anybody know if any of these things can be done automatically, without downloading any new software, or perhaps added in-camera?

theMusicMan
10th November 2009, 05:07 PM
If you use Lightroom Ellie, all additional metadata such as copyright link, photographer, keywords etc can be applied to the image on import.

Ellie
12th November 2009, 02:47 PM
I don't have Lightroom, and can't see that I will in the foreseeable future, but it's nice to know it has these features.

Ian
12th November 2009, 04:28 PM
I don't have Lightroom, and can't see that I will in the foreseeable future, but it's nice to know it has these features.

Nice tip, Ellie - I wasn't aware that you could do this with multiple files :)

It's certainly more flexible than XP. Windows 7 looks to be similar.

Ian