PDA

View Full Version : HELP! remote flash

Ross
9th November 2009, 08:54 AM
Hi Guys,
Not having the up to date flashes for my E3 yet i bought a Kenro flash transmitter and receiver, the transmitter fits on the camera hot shoe and the receiver fits on a stand with the flash on top, the FL50 does not work but the FL36 does anyone know why?, i also have the ring flash i tried that on the reciever and that does not work either, strange, any suggestions.
Ross

photo_owl
9th November 2009, 02:14 PM
what modes are the falsh guns set to? possible differences there?

Ross
9th November 2009, 04:21 PM
hi photo-owl
Both flashes are set the same (Manual) the conections are both the same and the settings are both the same but for some reason the FL50 just wont fire off camera.
Ross

photo_owl
9th November 2009, 05:10 PM
got me then - the only other possibility I can think of is that the trigger voltages differ between the two units and your receiver output is falling between the two. However this is very unlikely for a number of reasons.

the 50 and the RF11 have effectively the same unit so it makes sense that they do the same thing (even if it's not what you want!)

I would definitely contact the manufacturer (or distributor) to ask what possibilities there are

Ross
9th November 2009, 05:18 PM
Thanks for the reply, we will keep on trying.
Ross

Ross
11th November 2009, 06:30 PM
Hi All
Thanks for the help, problem solved, i have just been to Jessops and bought another infrared reciever and all works fine, now i can run two speedlights either with or without a third flash on camera, i can even fire all three with the 2 studio flashes if neccesery.
Ross