PDA

View Full Version : 23rd E-group challenge - "Mystery"

Bikie John
1st November 2009, 02:50 PM
OK, here goes with the 23rd challenge - I thought "Mystery" would be an interesting theme with plenty of scope. Interpret it how you like - the voters will be your judge!

Could somebody with appropriate authority make this sticky please (or tell me how to do it).

Quick check list: Up to 800 pixels wide or high. Up to 512Kbytes. EXIF intact please. Taken by yourself on an E-series camera between Sunday 1st. November 2009 and Saturday 21st November 2009 inclusive. Please include your name, your forum moniker and a title for the picture.

Here are the full rules, cribbed from Andy's post last month:

1. Photos should be taken (dated in EXIF) between Sunday 1st. November2009 and Saturday 21st. November 2009 inclusive and sent in during that period. Photos will be posted in the gallery on Sunday 22nd. and we will vote in the week after this, voting will be completed by midnight Saturday 28th. Nov. I will announce the results on Sunday 29th. in time for the lucky winner to organise the year's final challenge in December.

2. You must be the photographer who created the picture in order to enter the challenge, and all entries must be visibly anonymous and should be sent to the challenge organiser. You must indicate (a) your real name, (b) your e-group forum name and (c) a title for your photo, in the email. Any entries that are not clearly identifiable and verifiable won't be entered into the challenge.

3. Entries to the challenge :-

Should contain no watermarks, distinguishing effects and no borders
Must be jpg format and no more than 800 px on the longest edge
Must have been taken on an Olympus E-Series camera
Must have all EXIF data included for the organiser to verify.
Max file size to suit the gallery here is 512kb.

4. You need to be registered on e-group.uk.net forums to qualify for entry into the challenge. The organiser may also enter the challenge (the entries are anonymous and the organiser is trusted to record votes accurately).

5. Only one entry permitted per challenge please. But if you want to withdraw an entry or replace it with another that's OK, you must make it clear in an email to the challenge organiser before the closing date, also ensure the email contains clear instructions and (if required) your replacement picture.

6. Voting on the challenge:-

Any registered member of the e-group forum may vote, including those who submit entries.
Those who submit entries may vote for their own photo but are expected to allot their choices fairly on perceived merit.
Voters should list their three choices in order of preference, by display number and title to avoid confusion.
Points will be allotted as follows: three to first choice, two to second choice, one to third choice.

Please email me with the image attached - webmaster-jp@dsl.pipex.com .

Have fun, and good luck,
John

dbutch
1st November 2009, 05:57 PM
Some of the outfits I saw around last night were a bit of a mystery:eek:

Lots of ideas on this already but getting the right one :confused:

Congrats on winning the last comp, and lets have fun with this one

Dave

jonesy
1st November 2009, 10:27 PM
Oh its a shame that this one was taken last week...
http://e-group.uk.net/gallery/data/500/mystery.jpg (http://e-group.uk.net/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/18960) :D

theMusicMan
1st November 2009, 10:58 PM
OK, here goes with the 23rd challenge - I thought "Mystery" would be an interesting theme with plenty of scope. Interpret it how you like - the voters will be your judge!

Could somebody with appropriate authority make this sticky please (or tell me how to do it).

Great choice of theme John, love this one.

Oh... and thread now 'stuck' as requested... :)

f2uk
2nd November 2009, 10:42 AM
Oh its a shame that this one was taken last week...
http://e-group.uk.net/gallery/data/500/mystery.jpg (http://e-group.uk.net/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/18960) :D

so you did make it to Blackpool ..... I recognise the backdrop! Hope you had a good time

Bikie John
6th November 2009, 07:16 PM
Just a quick reminder - you've got another 2 weeks to get your entries in for our "Mystery" challenge. Entries to webmaster-jp@dsl.pipex.com by close of play Saturday 21st November please. Full rules, regs and requirements are at the top of the thread.

We've got 3 entries already, which is really good for the first week. Thanks to those who were so quick off the mark.

Cheers ... John

jonesy
6th November 2009, 07:24 PM
I'm really struggling to get any idea for this one :( I'm going to have to think deep for this one :D

theMusicMan
15th November 2009, 09:40 AM
Don't forget folks, there's only just under a week to go to get your image in for this challenge. I will agree it's a great theme... but remember that it's open to your interpretation as to what you submit.

I remember talking about the current leaderboard with two challenges to go... here's the current stadings for 2009.

http://img.skitch.com/20091115-gg6kpwqme8yhke9ak57i2agujh.jpg

Bikie John
15th November 2009, 11:53 AM
Thanks for the reminder, John.

We've got some great entries already but there is always room for more, so Letsby Avenue!

John

AlistairJ
19th November 2009, 01:38 PM
Okay, I am up for this.

I have an entry for this, my first challenge, in production. And I plan to enter on a regular basis in 2010. Bring it on *chr

Bikie John
19th November 2009, 10:08 PM
Thaks Alistair, I'll look forward to receiving your entry.

There is still time for more - entries accepted up to close of play on Saturday night so get those thinking caps on!

Ciao ... John

Bikie John
21st November 2009, 06:09 PM
Final reminder - you've got until close of play tonight to get your entries in - I will accept any that arrive before I haul myself out of the festering pit on Sunday morning but there is no guarantee how late or early that wil be.

We've had some more interesting entries today. There is lots of good stuff and I am going to find it very hard to cast votes - even with the unfair advantage of longer to think about it than anyone else!

Good luck to all our entrants, all being well I'll be able to post them for voting tomorrow.

Ciao ... John