PDA

View Full Version : Look out for parcels

shenstone
30th October 2009, 04:35 PM
FL-36R as in E-30 offer arrived today :D

They tried yeserday actually, but I wasn't in

I now have to read through the manual and all the posts on here about R mode

One teensy gripe is that it's identical to the 36. I had assumed some styling difference, but I know I'll be swearing when I pick the wrong one up

Oh well there's always the option of painting it

Regards
Andy

Wee man
30th October 2009, 06:49 PM
I bought my E30 kit + 70- 300 lens just before the flashgun offer but those nice people at Olympus answered a pleading e-mail telling me to send in my details and today I came home to find a parcel with my 36 R flash gun. Looking forward to trying it out and I maybe will get brave enough to post a photo soon.
Congrats to Olympus for good customer support.

Wee man

Ps they also told me to send in my lens details for a cash back!

tlove
30th October 2009, 07:10 PM
One teensy gripe is that it's identical to the 36. I had assumed some styling difference, but I know I'll be swearing when I pick the wrong one up

Oh well there's always the option of painting it

Regards
Andy

Andy - I know it's probably not much help, but it does tell you what it is on the back, just above the display panel, and it says 'RC' on the front (next to 'Olympus') - I only know because I got mine this week too :D!

It's such a lovely little unit - I broke my original (old version) FL-36 and now use a Metz AF-48, which I thought was quite a nice little unit, but is a bruiser compared to the Olympus one! This new one will also get some use I'm sure.

You could always buy/beg/steal/borrow a pack of those little brightly coloured sticky dots to go on it (the sort I used to put on my slide mounts so I knew which way up/round to put them in the projector :o!)

Thea

shenstone
30th October 2009, 08:44 PM
Andy - I know it's probably not much help, but it does tell you what it is on the back, just above the display panel, and it says 'RC' on the front (next to 'Olympus') - I only know because I got mine this week too :D!

Thea

Hi Thea

It wasn't a real gripe.. How could it be with such a nice present

Thanks for the input anyway

Regards
Andy