PDA

View Full Version : What is the point...

OlyFlyer
24th January 2008, 08:39 PM
...of being a member both here and FTU? It seems there is more activity on FTU and most of you are active on both sites.

Just a silly question, but what is the point?

:confused:

shenstone
24th January 2008, 08:45 PM
More isn't necessarily better

I'm not in FTU - I looked at it and still do occasionally, but I like the posts here and there is less irellevant stuff to wade through

Regards
Andy

R MacE
24th January 2008, 09:38 PM
FTU was live before E-Group, E-Group is aimed at UK users so I signed up here too.

Richard

BigD
24th January 2008, 09:45 PM
ive not signed up to ftu but do look once in a while, but i think its a bit more personal here.

PeterD
24th January 2008, 10:11 PM
I am also a member of FTU but since this site opened up I visit rarely.

I like this site and prefer to spend my valuable time here.

PeterD

Garrie
24th January 2008, 10:22 PM
I'm not a member of FTU, had a look though, nice site. I'm canny shy though so haven't signed up.

I agree with a lot of people, E Forum is personal, I've been here almost from the start and like to support this site and would love to see it grow :D

Susan
24th January 2008, 10:39 PM
I've never even been for a look on FTU, wouldn't know where to look lol

This site is relatively new and as with all new sites, audience participation is key. It takes a while for a site to get up to speed, doesn't happen overnight I'm afraid.

I do have a look on talkphotography, and there's a lot of good posts and info on there, but it seems more Nikon & Canon based, whereas it's nice to share with other Olympus users on here, the help and info on here I've found is great :) and more relevant in many cases to the camera I have

Glyn R
27th January 2008, 07:06 PM
...of being a member both here and FTU? It seems there is more activity on FTU and most of you are active on both sites.

Just a silly question, but what is the point?

:confused:

This site was created by Ian supported by Olympus. He had already created FTU and DP now. I guess the existence of two similar sites is a problem I still look at both but the Olympus sponsorship is moving me more to this site.

Scapula Memory
27th January 2008, 07:37 PM
I only found out about FTU after visiting here. I did join but do not frequent or post there much. I like the UK flavour here and the general friendliness. Also its quicker, no ads, nice colours, and a major contribution to world peace.....

John

Ellie
27th January 2008, 10:56 PM
I joined both because I thought both sites looked nice, but different :)