PDA

View Full Version : Mat cutting

sapper
24th October 2009, 01:34 PM
I have a mount cutter and want to cut out 4 apertures on the same mount but have no instructions to do that with my cutter a Logan 750. I checked Logans site in the hope of getting some help but there is only basic stuff there. Anyone got an idea before I ruin a few boards trying?

cychwr
24th October 2009, 04:21 PM
There was a tutorial HERE (http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?p=1957342#post1957342) Hope this points you towards an answer, and spares you some mats! Alan.

sapper
24th October 2009, 06:03 PM
Thanks Alan. Unfortunatly it showed how to do one aperture, I need to cut out four on one mat. Tried to do a 2 on one mat today, small one, not good result, must be someone who knows how to do it.

donmcmahan
28th October 2009, 05:14 PM
I have the information that might solve your problem but I cant give you a link to it as it is, incredibly, not on the internet. "Mat,Mount,and Frame It Yourself" by M. David Logan is one of those so last century things, a book. it is how ever available from Amazon.co.uk. the section on cutting multiple opening mats starts on page 92. could be worth a trip to the library*chr