PDA

View Full Version : Converting raw from olympus e410

Oakleigh Photography
23rd October 2009, 09:50 AM
Hi All

Im having a problem and being new to photography and editing im finding it a little frustrating.

Ive been shooting my pics in RAW and have Photoshop CS2.

When I upload my photos they have an ORF attached to them and cannot be opened in CS2.

I have downloaded the DNG converter but when it does it a search it says it cannot find any compatible formats.

It maybe something very simple but its driving me mad, im just converting now using Olympus Master

help on how to convert in CS2 would be a massive help

Thanks

John

Ian
23rd October 2009, 10:43 AM
Hi John, the Adobe DNG Converter should definitely be able to convert your E-410 ORFs to DNG RAW format.

Photoshop CS2 is quite old, so make sure that the Adobe Camera RAW plug-in is the most up to date (version 3.7). Unfortunately the E-410 arrived just as Adobe switched to CS3, and so there is no native E-410 support in Adobe Camera RAW 3.7.

However, by using the DNG Converter you should be able to produce DNG files that can be read by Photoshop CS2.

Which version of the DNG converter are you using?

Ian

Oakleigh Photography
23rd October 2009, 12:25 PM
Hi Ian

Thanks for that im not sure what version the dng converter it is, will have a look when I get home.

How good is Olympus master for conversion?

John

EH1
23rd October 2009, 12:51 PM

I always convert in Olympus Master (from an E-3) & find it always works well! ;)

Ian
23rd October 2009, 03:07 PM
Hi Ian

Thanks for that im not sure what version the dng converter it is, will have a look when I get home.

John

Olympus Master uses the same conversion model as the camera, and all the options are similar or identical to camera settings. However. Master is fairly limited in terms of adjustments. Studio is better, but rather slow and fiddly to use. Lightroom is fast, elegant and feature rich.

Ian