PDA

View Full Version : Can Raw Terapee open e-620 files

ardvorlich
22nd October 2009, 08:54 AM
I've downloaded the latest version of RT and when trying to open 620 .orf files I get rt.exe encountered a problem and has to close.Is this what anyone else has found?
cheers Iain

Ian
22nd October 2009, 10:40 AM
The E-620 is listed as supported, so I guess you may have an installation problem?

Ian

davidsa
22nd October 2009, 12:17 PM
The current version (2.4.1) won't work with *.orf as it comes but it is apparently possible to make it work by substituting a *.dll file from an earlier version. I haven't tried it myself

Also I understand Nick Temple-Fry uses an earlier beta successfully - see his messages.

The situation is discussed on teh RT forum, www.rawtherapee.com

Hope that helps!

David

Ian
22nd October 2009, 01:53 PM
The current version (2.4.1) won't work with *.orf as it comes but it is apparently possible to make it work by substituting a *.dll file from an earlier version. I haven't tried it myself

Also I understand Nick Temple-Fry uses an earlier beta successfully - see his messages.

The situation is discussed on teh RT forum, www.rawtherapee.com

Hope that helps!

David

That's a bit ridiculous as the site lists the E-620 as compatible...

Ian

davidsa
22nd October 2009, 02:32 PM
It's meant to be but there seems to be a bug. Not the sort one can photograph.

David

ardvorlich
22nd October 2009, 03:55 PM
Having tried the workaround I can tell you the .orf files are terribly under exposed and have an awful look to them.Not so much a bug as a monster :mad:

Nick Temple-Fry
22nd October 2009, 04:29 PM
Out of curiosity I've just tried a couple of 620 orfs from ftu in Raw Therapee 2.4beta4.

Both files needed between 1.5 and 2 exposure compensation and a touch on the wb. But otherwise gives good looking jpgs.

Given that the dcraw engine pre-dates the 620 by 4-5 months that doesn't seem to be a bad result. Not that it's much help to anybody:(

Nick

davidsa
30th October 2009, 08:48 PM
I have had a fun couple of hours today installing Windows 7 (which I quite like so far). So it may be a problem with XP specifically.

I am pleased to report that Raw Therapee 2.4.1 appears to work under Win7 with *.ORF files from my E620, and it seems to be fairly stable.

Now all that remains is to work out how to use it!

David