PDA

View Full Version : me car was busted - Joke

Barr1e
23rd January 2008, 09:14 PM
I was in town the other Sunday on my way to catch a bus cos me car was busted. Being as it was a Sunday I wasn't sure what time it might turn up. I was close to the stop when this bloke came round the corner staggering along with two heavy suitcases. I didn't want to bother him but there was no-one else around, so I said, 'Excuse me, any idea what time the Number 7 bus might arrive?'. He looked at me, sighed, and put the suitcases down. He looked at his watch and said this.

'The number 7 is due a 1.50pm, that's in about ten minutes. You're lucky because there'll be no more number 7's today, staff shortages'. He stopped for
a moment and then said excitedly, 'Blimey, Australia are eight for three in the third test at Old Trafford!... and Arsenal have just gone 2-0 up against
Man U!' He paused. 'There's been an earthquake in Indonesia, and there's a scandal breaking about President Bush'

He continued looking at his watch. 'Civil War in Africa' he muttered, 'famine in Bangla Desh. Ozzie PM resigns......flood warnings in the Midlands....
Tories call for an election..... '

I looked at him flabbergasted. 'Cripes' I said, 'that's some watch you've got there isn't it?' 'Yeah' he said, as he picked up his suitcases and
staggered off, ..........................

>

>

>

>

>

>

'.....'but these damn batteries are killing me.'

Ellie
24th January 2008, 12:15 AM
http://www.ezboard.com/images/emoticons/laugh.gif

PeterD
24th January 2008, 12:37 AM
Good one Barrie

Ta

PeterD

Barr1e
24th January 2008, 08:33 AM
Thanks.

Regards. Barr1e

Garrie
24th January 2008, 11:32 AM
Barr1e your jokes always make me smile which is great first thing in the morning when I'm a little grumpy.