PDA

View Full Version : Hi ya!

csm1957
19th October 2009, 01:41 PM
I've just taken up photography again after a 15+ year lay off! I've always been a dyed-in-the-wool Olympus man owning an OM10, OM1n, OM2n and my favourite an OM2SP. I used to shoot in transparencies and black and white prints, doing my own developing for the latter and even rolling FP4 and HP5 bulk film into 35mm casettes.
However, the trials and tribulations of a young family just seemed to get in the way of the hobby and my Olymous OM collection was gradually sold off.

I decided took it up again (family all grown) about four months ago, buying an E-410 two lens kit and then last week I took receipt of an E-620. I'm really enjoying getting back into the hobby especially now that there's Photoshop and Lightroom instead of all the chemicals.

My Flickr (http://www.flickr.com/photos/csm1957/)

snaarman
19th October 2009, 01:58 PM
I used to shoot in transparencies and black and white prints, doing my own developing for the latter and even rolling FP4 and HP5 bulk film into 35mm casettes.

I decided took it up again (family all grown) about four months ago, buying an E-410 two lens kit and then last week I took receipt of an E-620. I'm really enjoying getting back into the hobby especially now that there's Photoshop and Lightroom instead of all the chemicals.

My Flickr (http://www.flickr.com/photos/csm1957/)

Hi there. Welcome along! I trod the same path (bulk HP5 and all that) but took up with Olympus about 3 years ago.

Lots of good advice and stuff here..

Pete

jonesy
19th October 2009, 02:01 PM
Welcome to the forum from a person in a similar position to you :)

I'm still on the E410, but I'm hoping that "santa" will upgrade me this Christmas :)

As Pete says, theres plenty of great advice and guidance here, and all in a friendly manner... what more could we ask for :)

EH1
19th October 2009, 02:11 PM
Welcome csm1957! I hope you enjoy this forum as much as your hobby! :)

theMusicMan
19th October 2009, 02:32 PM
Welcome indeed. Many folks around here more than wiling to lend a hand in bringing you up to speed with the e-series kit. Though it sounds like you are experienced enough to get there yourself very quickly... :)

Looking forward to seeing your shots.

csm1957
19th October 2009, 03:33 PM
Thanks for your welcome guys.

As I said apart from holiday photos with a compact, I've not done any 'serious' photography for many years, and the thing I now find difficult, is 'training' the eyes and mind to see photo opportunities. I seem to recall that in 'the old days' photos just seem to pop up in my head without much teasing, but now I find that it's less intuitive and more of a search.
Hopefully as time goes on I'll be able to train eyes and brain to see opportunities more easily again. :)

Jonesgj
19th October 2009, 06:38 PM
Welcome CSM ... fellow E-620 and Midlander

Graydon

Ellie
19th October 2009, 09:22 PM
Hi :)

I've just peeped at your Flickr pages, there are some superb pictures there.

csm1957
20th October 2009, 07:24 AM
Hi Ellie,

thanks very much, although some of the earlier ones were taken with a N***n :o compact all the later pics were either my E-410 or E-620. :D

I'm just finding my way around the forum and I notice we have space for a gallery of pictures on here, so I'll sort some out and get some posted.

Clive
-----------------------------
E-410
E-620
Zuiko ED 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6
Zuiko ED 40-150mm F4.0-5.6
-----------------------------