PDA

View Full Version : Olympus E-30 for 499

pasterw
8th October 2009, 11:11 AM
Hi everybody,

Jessops is currently showing the E-30 (body only) for 499! Add the free flash and it's a great deal. Everybody thinking about upgrading should probably act now.

Wolfgang

Ian
8th October 2009, 11:26 AM
Get them while you can :)

Jessops is shifting its stock.

My understanding from Olympus us that there aren't many left...

Ian

PeterD
8th October 2009, 02:24 PM
Get them while you can :)

Jessops is shifting its stock.

My understanding from Olympus us that there aren't many left...

Ian

Ian,

Just been in touch with Jessops and they confirm the 499 price. No stock but on special order.
NB: Could not find it on the website though that is why I phoned.

Peter

Ian
8th October 2009, 02:35 PM
Ian,

Just been in touch with Jessops and they confirm the 499 price. No stock but on special order.
NB: Could not find it on the website though that is why I phoned.

Peter

I was told that Jessops was simply clearing their own stock. Did you talk to your local branch or Jessops centrally?

Ian

Xpres
8th October 2009, 02:52 PM
I ordered one yesterday, as did someone else I think in another post. It stated special order.
Hopefully it should turn up in a week or so rather than 28 as they suggest. We shall see!

pasterw
8th October 2009, 03:59 PM
Ordered one too in the morning, hopefully it doesn't take 28 days to arrive.

Wolfgang

Ian
8th October 2009, 04:02 PM
Is there a link on the Jessops site for the offer?

The reason I ask is that there is now no sign of the offer on the Jessops site that I can see...

Ian

PeterD
8th October 2009, 04:25 PM
I was told that Jessops was simply clearing their own stock. Did you talk to your local branch or Jessops centrally?

Ian

Ian.

There is nothing on the website but I called the 0800 number on the site and spoke to their Sales Department. I asked the question twice to make suree there was no misunderstanding on the price. I then asked if they had it in stock and was told no, they are on special order.

Xpres
8th October 2009, 04:43 PM
Maybe they just pull in the stock from the shops and ship it out. Now they've taken enough orders to get rid of their stock - and some - it's off the website.

MJUK
8th October 2009, 06:09 PM
They were all snapped up super quick. I managed to get in a E-30 with kit lens for 599 and then to add to the excitement found a 12-60 lens at Currys Digital today for 550. This must be a bargain!