PDA

View Full Version : Hi from an Olympus virgin.

NSS
8th October 2009, 09:00 AM
I have recently got an Olympus E-450, with a standard 14-42mm lens.

I am no expert and do not expect to be anything other than an amatuer.

I will mainly be taking "snapshots" with the occasional action shots of aircraft, full size but mainly RC.

I will be looking to increase the number and quality of the lenses over the coming moths, along with getting a lens converter so that I can use my old analouge Pentax lenses

Going to have abrowse round the forum now. I hope to be able to cobtribute a liitle, but only time will tell.

Thanks.

Kev

JohnGG
8th October 2009, 10:16 AM
Hi Kev,

Welcome to the forum :)

This is a nice friendly place with lots of members willing to answer questions and give advice. There are plenty of legacy lens users here as well so we will be interested to know how you get on using your Pentax lenses on a digital body.

Cheers,

JohnGG

jonsey
8th October 2009, 10:54 AM
hi kev, and welcome,
quite new myself and can only agree with the above.

jeff

Ian
8th October 2009, 11:08 AM
Hi Kev, this is the place to learn and to get great friendly advice and encouragment! Don't for get to post your pictures to the gallery as well!

Ian

NSS
8th October 2009, 11:37 AM
Thanks for the welcome all.

I have placed a few of pictures in an album. First time I had used the camera so mainly point and shoot.

I noticed in the camera conference section that the E-450 does not have its own section. Is this an issue or are the E-4XX range pretty much the same?

EH1
8th October 2009, 11:43 AM
Welcome Kev! I`m sure when Ian see`s this he will make the appropriate section in the forum for your camera! I hope you enjoy it here. ;)

crimbo
8th October 2009, 12:41 PM
Welcome...look forward to your shots...for aircraft in flight you may want to consider the 70-300

jonesy
8th October 2009, 03:38 PM
Welcome to the forum.
As others have mentioned there are some really helpful/knowledgeable members here.

Jonesgj
8th October 2009, 05:31 PM
Welcome Kevin,

Ditto all the above. This is a good place to be.

Graydon

JackBenedict
8th October 2009, 06:26 PM
Welcome to the site Kevin. I am sure your visits will be illuminating to say the least - they aare a lively lot on here.

If you want to know anything about photography here's the place.

There is only one maxim here - we don't discuss religion,politics, oh and anything to do with WEDDING photography !

Enjoy the site and the comradeship.

NSS
8th October 2009, 08:18 PM
There is only one maxim here - we don't discuss religion,politics, oh and anything to do with WEDDING photography !

Suits me down to the ground.

Thanks all for the warm welcome.

Ellie
9th October 2009, 12:45 PM
Hi Kevin, welcome to the site :)