PDA

View Full Version : Olympus Lens cashback offer

Wreckdiver
3rd October 2009, 02:11 PM
In case this hasn't already been mentioned, Olympus are running their Cashback offer on certain lenses again. The offer is valid for any purchase of participating lenses between 01.10.2009 – 31.01.2010

Details at: Cashback offer (http://www.olympus.co.uk/consumer/208_22108.htm)

Steve

Adagio
3rd October 2009, 04:25 PM
Thanks for this Steve. I had been contemplating the 35mm Macro. What do people think of it? Should I jump?

PS I see that Ellie has just bought one and posted a great image. I shall have to go for it

Wreckdiver
3rd October 2009, 06:49 PM
Thanks for this Steve. I had been contemplating the 35mm Macro. What do people think of it? Should I jump?

PS I see that Ellie has just bought one and posted a great image. I shall have to go for it

I would recommend going for the 50mm macro if you have the cash.

Steve

Dick Bowman
4th October 2009, 06:59 AM
I'd rather they just reduced the prices - and avoiding all the administrative overhead of running a cashback scheme, they could then trim a bit more off.

Ellie
4th October 2009, 11:56 AM
I've only used it once and have been very pleased with the results.

As I understand it the 50mm macro allows pictures to be taken from further away, which is probably better - if you can afford it. This cashback might make if more affordable.

PS I see that Ellie has just bought one ...
Yes, it's a bit of a pity the receipt is dated 28th September! Maybe one day I'll get a freebie of some sort!

EH1
4th October 2009, 11:58 AM
The 35mm is a very sharp lens, & is amazing for the money! ;)

Adagio
4th October 2009, 02:18 PM
As I understand it the 50mm macro allows pictures to be taken from further away, which is probably better - if you can afford it. This cashback might make if more affordable.

Unfortunately I don't see the 50mm Macro listed as being included in the offer. So its 160 v. 450, I will have to be content with the 35mm, it seems well reviewed.

Ken Lister
5th October 2009, 08:10 PM
In case this hasn't already been mentioned, Olympus are running their Cashback offer on certain lenses again. The offer is valid for any purchase of participating lenses between 01.10.2009 31.01.2010

Details at: Cashback offer (http://www.olympus.co.uk/consumer/208_22108.htm)

Steve

Bought the 35mm macro from PC World today for 99.97. With the 25 cashback it's almost a giveaway.

meach
13th November 2009, 02:03 PM
Yes, it's a bit of a pity the receipt is dated 28th September! Maybe one day I'll get a freebie of some sort!

Ellie - I bought my E30 two days before the free flashgun/grip offer came into effect. At first I didn't realise so I just registered it with all the correct details (including purchase date) then delayed sending the stuff off when I realised. Sent it all off on Monday last week and my FL-36R turned up on Wednesday I'd just go for it if I was you.

alleysun
14th January 2010, 12:07 AM
Bought the 35mm macro from PC World today for 99.97. With the 25 cashback it's almost a giveaway.

I'm pretty late to this thread, but do you know if they're still selling it for that price?! what a steal!

I might just wait until someone sells this second hand..

Wee man
14th January 2010, 12:32 AM
Ellie I to got a 70-300mm lens just before an offer came up I sent an e-mail to olympus and they told me to copy my paperwork and send it in and back came 25 to my bank account. Its worth giving it a try it will only cost an e-mail and some photocopying and a stamp not much to lose if it doesnt pay out.