PDA

View Full Version : 22nd Challenge "Live Music"

andym
3rd October 2009, 12:21 PM
The theme for the current e-group challenge is - Live Music

It's a subject I like a lot and I know we have a lot of members into music.So interpret any way you like.
I'm thinking live gig's,buskers on the street,brass bands etc or even talented kids/members at home.
Main thing is to have fun.*yes

Quick check list: Up to 800 pixels wide or high. Up to 512Kbytes. EXIF intact please. Taken by yourself on an E-series camera between Sunday 4th October 2009 through Friday 23rd October 2009 inclusive. Please include your name, your forum moniker and a title for the picture.

However, these are the rules in full;

1. Photos should be taken (dated in EXIF) between - Sunday 4th October2009 - and Friday 23rd October 2009 inclusive and sent in during that period. Photos will be posted in the gallery on Saturday24th October 2009 and we will vote in the next week after this, voting will be completed by midnight Friday 30th Oct. I will announce the winner on Saturday 31st Oct.

2. You must be the photographer who created the picture in order to enter the challenge, and all entries must be visibly anonymous and should be sent to the challenge organiser. You must indicate (a) your real name, (b) your e-group forum name and (c) a title for your photo, in the email. Any entries that are not clearly identifiable and verifiable won't be entered into the challenge.

3. Entries to the challenge :-

Should contain no watermarks, distinguishing effects and no borders
Must be jpg format and no more than 800 px on the longest edge
Must have been taken on an Olympus E-Series camera
Must have all EXIF data included for the organiser to verify.
Max file size to suit the gallery here is 512kb.
4. You need to be registered on e-group.uk.net forums to qualify for entry into the challenge. The organiser may also enter the challenge (the entries are anonymous and the organiser is trusted to record votes accurately).

5. Only one entry permitted per challenge please. But if you want to withdraw an entry or replace it with another that's OK, you must make it clear in an email to the challenge organiser before the closing date, also ensure the email contains clear instructions and (if required) your replacement picture.

6. Voting on the challenge:-

Any registered member of the e-group forum may vote, including those who submit entries.
Those who submit entries may vote for their own photo but are expected to allot their choices fairly on perceived merit.
Voters should list their three choices in order of preference, by display number and title to avoid confusion.
Points will be allotted as follows: three to first choice, two to second choice, one to third choice.

Please email me with the image attached - andy123frank@aol.com it's an old account I dont use anymore so is ideal.

Ps I shall be away most of the week commencing 12 October but will reply when I get back.

dbutch
6th October 2009, 06:56 AM
Live Music, thats a good one and will get the lazy amonst us (me) to leave the house in search of our subject

Congrats again on winning the motion challenge Andy

theMusicMan
6th October 2009, 08:14 AM
Indeed... I have a few ideas already for this challenge - it executing them that's the hard bit :)

jonesy
6th October 2009, 03:00 PM
I really have NO idea how to approach this challenge... Its a great subject that requires me to get my "thinking cap" on :)

Bern
9th October 2009, 12:23 AM
YAY!!! Going to see Green Day on the 20th and the 22nd of October....might be from my compact *resurected* or my Oly, depending on the sneakability of getting the kit in :) And there ARE ways .... ;)

andym
9th October 2009, 08:24 AM
YAY!!! Going to see Green Day on the 20th and the 22nd of October....might be from my compact *resurected* or my Oly, depending on the sneakability of getting the kit in :) And there ARE ways .... ;)

Hi

My daughter is going to see Greenday in a couple of weeks time in London.

Have a good time.

Remember this challenge is for E system cameras so try your best to get your SLR in.

Good Luck.

andym
10th October 2009, 12:09 PM
Hope you've all got your "thinking caps" on this weekend.

Only one entry so far.

Just a reminder that I'm away from tomorrow until the following weekend so will not be checking my mail until then.

wfk
10th October 2009, 03:36 PM
Do birds singing count? (I mean the feathered variety) :)

theMusicMan
10th October 2009, 04:31 PM
Of course... the challenge themes are for you to interpret as you see fit.

Personally for this months challenge, I have an idea and am just waiting for the right opportunity.

andym
10th October 2009, 08:11 PM

Yes why not.After all Olivier Messiaen wrote music based on bird song.*yes

gregles
10th October 2009, 08:23 PM
Wish I could have used this one:)

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e121/Gregd1/3611667775_6b3ae82440.jpg

andym
17th October 2009, 10:18 AM
One week to go and only three entries(four including mine).

Come on everyone time to get out and about.*yes

Ellie
17th October 2009, 09:19 PM
:( Haven't seen anybody playing anything, and haven't seen any birds singing either, so am clean out of ideas.

jonesy
18th October 2009, 07:01 PM
Finally I have an idea, its just whether I can get it sorted in time :)

andym
20th October 2009, 07:28 PM
Hope your all saving these up till the end as only four entries so far(but good ones)

Come on just a few days to go..

theMusicMan
23rd October 2009, 02:20 PM
Last chance saloon folks... today is the last day so if you're going to enter, you need to get your entries in by midnight tonight.

I too am one of those needing to get my entry in, hoping to get the shot by midnight!

andym
23rd October 2009, 03:41 PM
Nine entries so far.

It's your last chance.Challenge closes at midnight.

Going out for a beer and a curry tonight so I will look when I get back.*chr

theMusicMan
24th October 2009, 07:32 AM
Typical... on the very morning after the challenge closing date I have the exact weather I was hoping for to get the pic I wanted... rain water falling heavily in my garden feeder with the birds to-ing and fro-ing - 'music to my ears'. Alas, this challenge is, for me, no more :)

Hope you all managed to get your entries in to Andy. Good luck.

snaarman
24th October 2009, 07:36 AM
Nope, I didn't get within a mile of any live music recently.. Will be interested to see what turns up though :-)

Pete

Bern
24th October 2009, 12:39 PM
Did I miss the closing date? Thought it was for the month and have oodles to post! :(
I had Green Day pix :(

andym
24th October 2009, 01:25 PM
Did I miss the closing date? Thought it was for the month and have oodles to post! :(
I had Green Day pix :(

Fraid so.

Post them up anyway,like to have a look.My daughter saw them last night.

Bern
24th October 2009, 05:24 PM
Thanks Andy, I will. Not wonderful, but pleased enough :)

Link to the set of Flickr with more to be added :)
http://www.flickr.com/photos/maccer/sets/72157622628781994/

Bern
24th October 2009, 05:27 PM
http://www.flickr.com/photos/maccer/4029934707/in/set-72157622628781994/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/maccer/4035940902/in/set-72157622628781994/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/maccer/4031667232/in/set-72157622628781994/

Just a few....:)

Bern
24th October 2009, 05:29 PM
Pics aren't working for me :(