PDA

View Full Version : Hot Shoe Cover

stevednp3
1st October 2009, 06:12 PM
I broke my hotshoe cover whilst photographing a rugby match, such a tough game - lol - and needed a replacement, I thought I'd give these a go

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110433144998&ssPageName=ADME:B:EF:GB:1123

Got them today and im impressed, infact I think they are better than the olympus original

Small thing, but thought someone else might be missing a cover.

I have one spare if anyone needs one, pm your details and I'll pop in the post

blu-by-u
2nd October 2009, 02:57 AM
I think Olympus shares the same cover with Nikon, Canon & Pentax. I use a cut up Credit card as a cover.

skyman1
2nd October 2009, 09:19 AM
Hi Steve thanks for the info have ordered some as i needed a few

shenstone
2nd October 2009, 10:22 AM
I just take the originals off when I buy a camera and throw them in a drawer. I've quite a new in the drawer now so no worries about losing them :rolleyes:

Regards
Andy

David M
2nd October 2009, 10:51 AM
I just take the originals off when I buy a camera and throw them in a drawer. I've quite a new in the drawer now so no worries about losing them :rolleyes:

Regards
Andy

Same here, but I never throw them in the same drawer/box. The cover for my OM1 from the mid 70's is probably still in a drawer/box somewhere.

jdal
2nd October 2009, 11:04 AM
I leave mine on until I lose them then I forget about them. 3 cams, 3 missing hotshoe covers. I did do the credit card thing once, but I lost that as well, so I gave up.

shenstone
2nd October 2009, 11:11 AM
I think Olympus shares the same cover with Nikon, Canon & Pentax. I use a cut up Credit card as a cover.

That would be the same as all (I think) camera manufacturers as Hotshoe size is one of the few things that ever became truly standard across multiple makes

Regards
Andy

EH1
2nd October 2009, 01:16 PM
I seem to remember a debate about hot shoe covers on here recently, & the general consensus was no one bothered with them!

blu-by-u
3rd October 2009, 08:54 AM
That would be the same as all (I think) camera manufacturers as Hotshoe size is one of the few things that ever became truly standard across multiple makes

Regards
Andy
Not really. Sony/ Minolta have it reversed. You put a SHOE on the flash mount. :D