PDA

View Full Version : Andrzej Wrotniak review of the E-3

CaptainD
21st January 2008, 09:51 PM
Many of you will be familiar with the wonderful website that Andrzej fills with a mine of solid paractical Olympus advice. I checked his website today to see some great news that Andrzej has been lent a E-3 to play with to give his thoughts on. Wonderful I thought as so many of us Andrzej Wrotniak fans around the world had even wondered if we should all club together and buy him an E-3 so that we could benefit from his views.

Then I check my emails to find that Andrzej had sent me an email replying to one I had sent about the 7-14mm lens, brilliant. But then I read the following in my email;

"Now I'm working on a write-up of the E-3. And, you know, after a few days of using that camera, I'm still lukewarm about it. Strange; we'll see...

Best regards,

Andrzej"

Are we all in for a surprise when he publishes his E-3 review?

Cheers

Chris :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

emirpprime
29th January 2008, 12:42 PM
It will be interesting to see. I have come across some limitation with the E3, yet it remains the best tool of a camera I have ever come across.
Phil

beardedwombat
30th January 2008, 06:35 PM
Andrzej has posted a First (and second) Look at the E-3 here: http://www.wrotniak.net/photo/oly-e/e3-look.html

As usual he hits the nail right on the head and I pretty much agree with everything he says.

Chris

CaptainD
9th February 2008, 10:01 AM
Just a quick update on this thread as Andrzej has posted his full review of the E-3 today (9 FEB 08).

http://www.wrotniak.net/photo/oly-e/e3-rev.html

Be warned as usual he has put together a very detailed review that will take some time to fully absorb. He makes some very interesting points and does not give a rating, prefering to pass that issue on to the reader based on their particular requirements. No bad thing I think, as its often tempting to read the conclusion first.

Enjoy the review, its is well worth the effort of reading it and generating your own view of the new Olympus flagship.

Cheers

Chris