f2uk
1st October 2009, 03:25 PM
Just noticed this on the FourThirds site

http://www.fourthirds-user.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5313&highlight=e620

I was hoping Oly would do this again before I bought the E30

jonsey
1st October 2009, 05:11 PM
bloody typical,

so often have i bought things and stuff like this happens, had my camera (e30) less than 2 weeks.

sod it ! :(:(

jeff

Pete_VN52
2nd October 2009, 08:58 AM
:( Me too. Bought mine in mid September. Would love a remote flash as well. Oh well.

f2uk
2nd October 2009, 10:56 AM
for once in my life I'm glad it takes me a while to decide what to buy!

jonesy
2nd October 2009, 11:15 AM
Me too, but the decision isnt any easier still. I just hope I can make my mind up before the offer is withdrawn!

f2uk
2nd October 2009, 11:32 AM
Me too, but the decision isnt any easier still. I just hope I can make my mind up before the offer is withdrawn!

I know. I think I have decided on the E30 but now the choice is flash or handgrip???????:confused:

Nick Temple-Fry
2nd October 2009, 11:53 AM
I know. I think I have decided on the E30 but now the choice is flash or handgrip???????:confused:

Well I suspect you'll get more use out of the flash than the handgrip, I've hardly used mine on the E-3, it's advantages seem to be

hides more of the photographers face
makes the camera bigger justifying a larger bag
makes the set-up appear more professional (big camera=better photographer ...)

Nick

EH1
2nd October 2009, 01:28 PM
I would also opt to get the flash if I were in your shoes! *yes

jonesy
2nd October 2009, 01:44 PM
Its the flash thats swaying me towards the E30 when I was almost settled on the E620... oh decisions decisions ;)

f2uk
2nd October 2009, 02:18 PM
Well I suspect you'll get more use out of the flash than the handgrip, I've hardly used mine on the E-3, it's advantages seem to be

hides more of the photographers face
makes the camera bigger justifying a larger bag
makes the set-up appear more professional (big camera=better photographer ...)

Nick

It would be the flash I went for. I already have two batteries for the E500 and they are the same ones for the E30. Changing a battery is not exactly difficult so why have teh extra weight and size of the hand grip. That being said I would probably get the handgrip eventually!

mike_j
2nd October 2009, 05:44 PM
Hang on a bit and they will be offering a free E3 with every E620 :eek:

ringneck
5th October 2009, 06:14 PM
After reading these and the associated threads about "needing" this that and the other ...here's my ramblings........sorry !!

In engineering and I should think camera production I thought the outlay on “tooling” or whatever it’s called in Digiland was astronomical especially if only small units are sold.
I suspect upgrading is not SO expensive but it all adds up in the long run.
So why do Olympus keep doing almost duplicates of their cameras when all they need to do is make a “Small-Medium and Large” with minimum upgrading and outlay and sell more units at more economical prices.
Instead of letting us have some “freebies “ ??? try dropping the prices a bit.
Then when I get found out for getting an essential “newbie” I can lie with more confidence at the figure I tell them it cost.
*chr Keith

f2uk
6th October 2009, 02:45 PM
Hang on a bit and they will be offering a free E3 with every E620 :eek:

not quite an E3 with every E620 but.....

http://www.wilkinson.co.uk/store/product.php?productid=18378&cat=284&page=2

Wonder what else they are going to give away?