PDA

View Full Version : Newbie here

TRIPLEPOT
24th September 2009, 08:56 PM
After several years in the photographic wilderness, I'm trying to make a return to the hobby. All ways enjoyed taking pictures, especially motor sport but when I swapped to digital, DSLR's were out of my reach and went into "snapshot mode" with the compacts:eek: How ever good they are (and I carried on from my 35mm days with Canon g* range) they never handled/felt right compared to a SLR. So it was a breath of fresh air to have a SLR again starting with a e-500 and up grading earlier this year with an e-510.
At first it took a while to get used to the controls after years on Canon. Pressing what I used to turn and visa versa:confused: Thankfully it's become second nature now, well most of the time, surprising how hard it is to break old way of operating a camera.
Anyway I'm a happy bunny now with my current Olympus set up, far more compact than some of these great big Nikon's and Canon's you see about:D
I come to the forum to learn a bit more and though I enjoy my photography I'm not that knowledgeable to add to discussions.
Anyway ramble over.

Mike*chr

theMusicMan
24th September 2009, 09:06 PM
Hey Mike

Welcome. You've come to the right place for learning about Oly kit and how to get the best out of it. There's plenty of good folk on here willing to lend a hand.

John

jonesy
24th September 2009, 09:15 PM
Welcome triplepot. This is a friendly place, with the experienced users here always willing to give a friendly opinion. I'm sure you will learn plenty here

CaptainD
25th September 2009, 07:04 AM
Dear Mike,

Great to have you aboard, I have found this forum to be a warm and welcoming one. I look forward to seeing some of your photos.

Cheers

Chris *chr

Zuiko
25th September 2009, 09:57 AM
Hi Mike,

And it's a big welcome from me, too!

BTW You don't need to be knowledgeable to add to the discussions - it doesn't stop me or the rest of the gang! :D

Have fun :)

EH1
25th September 2009, 11:44 AM
Welcome Mike! Don`t be afraid to ask silly questions, as we only give silly answers! :D