PDA

View Full Version : Frame Rate

mike1251
22nd September 2009, 08:29 PM
Daft question of the night/week
Oly state a frame rate of 2.5 fps. now I normally shoot in raw on a 40X cf card, I feel i am possibly not getting 2.5 fps is there a way of increasing the rate to get a little more out of the camera nearer to 2.5 fps. Or am i probaly getting that?
Any ideas appreciated
Mike

Nick Temple-Fry
22nd September 2009, 11:07 PM
I'm not sure how you can check frame rate.

But if you are shooting C-AF the frame rate will be dependant on how quickly the camera and lens reacts to a changing focus - this will always be slower than the rated speed.

Nick

jonsey
22nd September 2009, 11:33 PM
Daft question of the night/week
Oly state a frame rate of 2.5 fps. now I normally shoot in raw on a 40X cf card, I feel i am possibly not getting 2.5 fps is there a way of increasing the rate to get a little more out of the camera nearer to 2.5 fps. Or am i probaly getting that?
Any ideas appreciated
Mike

mike,

you should get 2.5 frames til the buffer fills, then it slows considerably.... your card is quite slow, my Sandisk writes at 266x, so try a better, faster card..

jeff

Ian
23rd September 2009, 07:30 AM
mike,

you should get 2.5 frames til the buffer fills, then it slows considerably.... your card is quite slow, my Sandisk writes at 266x, so try a better, faster card..

jeff

The E-500 won't benefit fully from UDMA cards (233x and up). A 133x type card might be best for value and performance.

Ian