PDA

View Full Version : Always learning, always something new to shoot...

theMusicMan
16th November 2007, 11:56 PM
I am all excited as it's the weekend; I work as hard as a dog as many of us do of course, and really enjoy my time with the kids on the weekend. Heather & I (my gorgeous 10yr old daughter) plan on meeting a good pal from another forum in Cardiff on Sunday afternoon to take pics of 'Leaping Salmon' in the river Taff.

Not ever even seen leaping salmon before let alone taken shots of them. So, going to use my E-510, with the 40-150 and my Zuiko x1.4 on it as well. It's the biggest focal length setup I have so will have to do I guess. heather will be using my [her] E-400 with another 40-150 on, but no teleconverter.

Very much looking forward to it, will hopefully post some shots if there's any good 'uns in the batch. All new to me this stuff...:)

First though is another kids 'Makeup and Beauty Party' which is taking place tomorrow afternoon... I have 22 9yr olds, each having makeup applied, hair and beauty treatment, and I've been booked to go set up the studio and take pics of the little lot of 'em :)

Worked well last time, so very happy to do it again.

Have a great weekend everyone...

Pjphoto59
17th November 2007, 10:00 AM
to take pics of 'Leaping Salmon' in the river Taff.

Good luck with the leaping salmon! I have tried to photograph them a number of times, but never managed to get one in frame.

I will be very interested to see your results.

Peter

photonutter
17th November 2007, 05:59 PM
Good luck with the salmon John. It's not something I've shot before but sounds like fast shutter speeds required and observation to see a common spot where they leap to hone in and wait.
A party too, anyone ever tell you about working with kids and animals.

Ian
17th November 2007, 11:14 PM
I'm looking forward to the results!

Ian

theMusicMan
17th November 2007, 11:44 PM
Thanks guys, I am looking forward to it though the local weather forecast is not so good - heavy rain all day for the most part! Will make a decision closer to the time, will be disappointed if I can't go now - Heather will be too!

PeterD
19th November 2007, 08:42 AM
Sounds like you could do with an E3!!!

Did you manage to get away Musicman?

PeterD

theMusicMan
19th November 2007, 09:08 AM
Sadly I didn't no... :( The rain was awful all day yesterday, yet now... well typically it is sunny and bright again.

Maybe next weekend?

PeterD
19th November 2007, 10:00 AM
Sorry to hear that. Hope it works out for you next week. Really looking forward to seeing the results.

Kind regards

PeterD