PDA

View Full Version : Swedish summer, 2007

OlyFlyer
20th January 2008, 10:57 PM
Rain, rain and more rain.

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa60/olyflyer/Swedish%20summer%202007/P6271420.jpg

Cheers.

PeterD
20th January 2008, 10:59 PM
So we have a lot in common then;)

PeterD

froeng
21st January 2008, 08:45 PM
Excellent shot! Even though the outside is blurred, it is still very obvious that it depicts sweden. Hope it's not like that all the time!

Regards

Frank

OlyFlyer
21st January 2008, 09:19 PM
Excellent shot! Even though the outside is blurred, it is still very obvious that it depicts sweden. Hope it's not like that all the time!

Regards

Frank Thank you, Frank. Unfortunately, yes, very often it is like that, but last summer was really rainy.

BTW, I deliberately blurred the background as much as I could. The image is taken at f/3.5 and 54 mm.

OlyFlyer
22nd January 2008, 09:11 AM
Please, somebody, admins, Ian PLEASE HELP!

I just noticed I made a typo. Could somebody please correct Sweddish to Swedish, please.

jeremyc
5th February 2008, 09:57 PM
Rain, rain and more rain.

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa60/olyflyer/Swedish%20summer%202007/P6271420.jpg

Cheers.

I like this picture. But I can't help noticing that (I think) nothing is in focus. Does that "matter"? More importantly, would the shot be "better" if the window pane itself, and/or the rain was in focus?

But I do like this shot!

Barr1e
5th February 2008, 10:11 PM
Were you rocking about on a boat?

Regards. Barr1e

OlyFlyer
24th March 2008, 07:24 PM
I like this picture. But I can't help noticing that (I think) nothing is in focus. Does that "matter"? More importantly, would the shot be "better" if the window pane itself, and/or the rain was in focus?

But I do like this shot!Thank you for your comment, I am sorry for not getting back to you.

I agree, maybe it would be better if the window frame was visible, but then again, maybe not...

When I press my nose to a window I can not focus my eyes on the rain drops, and the rain drops actually won't let me focus on the boat outside because it was just raining too much. So, this was from the real life, as it looked like. Also, I think if I had focused on the rain drops running down the window, DOF would not have been enough to get any visible trace of the boat outside, especially considering the weather.

OlyFlyer
24th March 2008, 07:28 PM
Were you rocking about on a boat?

Regards. Barr1eNo, no rocking. Just waiting siting down and hoping the rain will stop before I have to get out.

It didn't stop. Not before two days later...

OlyFlyer
24th March 2008, 07:34 PM
So we have a lot in common then;)

PeterDYes. Normally you have the weather first and a few days later I have the same. Like now, you all have been posting about a lot of snow. That weather arrived to my hose, right now this winters worst snowfall outside. I am happy be indoors, not having a dog to have to walk with and that my home is nice and warm.

Although, shortly after the above image was taken I was in London for a 10 days holiday, and while everybody was talking about the rain before I arrived, it was dry during my visit and started to rain again after I left. So, I have nothing to complain about.

OlyFlyer
24th March 2008, 07:36 PM
Please, somebody, admins, Ian PLEASE HELP!

I just noticed I made a typo. Could somebody please correct Sweddish to Swedish, please.I begged on my knees... nobody listens...

Too bad. :mad:

theMusicMan
24th March 2008, 07:40 PM
I begged on my knees... nobody listens...

Too bad. :mad:I do... just saw this and made the amendment.:D

PeterD
24th March 2008, 10:22 PM
Yes. Normally you have the weather first and a few days later I have the same. Like now, you all have been posting about a lot of snow. That weather arrived to my hose, right now this winters worst snowfall outside. I am happy be indoors, not having a dog to have to walk with and that my home is nice and warm.

Although, shortly after the above image was taken I was in London for a 10 days holiday, and while everybody was talking about the rain before I arrived, it was dry during my visit and started to rain again after I left. So, I have nothing to complain about.

Maybe so, but I bet your neighbors blamed you for bringing the rain back with you;) judging from your comments above. Right now I am having to put on my heavy coat when I take the dog for a walk. Its been a very rare requirement this winter/spring. Usually Easter is lovely and warm.

Cheers

PeterD