PDA

View Full Version : Hello

Wee man
16th September 2009, 09:29 AM
Have been watching from the side and thought it time to join in. I am looking for a 12-60 mm lenses and have seen Currys mentioned as having them for 550 e-mailed Woofmix and he confirmed it but I cannot find them on their site and the phone number does not work any help would be nice. hope I have put this in the correct place.
I had an E500 kit now have E30 14-42 and 70- 300 lenses.

Propably should have said I am from Northern Ireland

Wee man

StephenL
16th September 2009, 10:56 AM
Welcome, Wee man. You come from a beautiful part of the world. Hope to see some of your pics soon.

Rod Souter
16th September 2009, 11:44 AM
It's end of line stock, there aren't any in the central warehouse, but some in local stores. You can try a local store and get them search on their system and persuade the store with stock to send it!

HTH

Rod

EH1
16th September 2009, 11:56 AM
Welcome Wee Man! I hope you enjoy this forum ;)

Wee man
16th September 2009, 12:52 PM
Thanks have tried local store no luck and the Newcastle store will not post so I have lost out.

Kiwi Paul
16th September 2009, 05:46 PM
Welcome Wee man, I saw it in the Curry's at Bon Accord centre in Aberdeen, don't know their number but if you can find it call them ask if they will post.

Paul

peak4
16th September 2009, 05:46 PM
Hi, have you tried PC World? It's the same parent company and their internal searches cover both brands.
I called into Currys in Sheffield on the offchance of finding a 70-300mm as a lighter alternative to my 50-200mm to take away on holiday.
They didn't have one, but the search showed one at PC world in Chesterfield a little over 10 miles away. I nipped over on the Yamaha and picked it up for 250, which I thought a good price for a new one with a 2 year warranty.

I think you will need to do get the search done from within a branch though.
Phoning PC world to reserve it didn't help as they only publish a genereic 0844 number; the lass on the end of the phone interrogated the stores stock, but it didn't show up as it was on clearance. She even tried calling the store herself, on my behalf, and got ringing no reply.
The next suggestion was for her to send them an e-mail, asking for them to phone me; It was at this point that I have up and got the bike out.*zzz

All I have to do now is to get permission to take the camera to Bulgaria with me. That might be harder than finding the lens.:rolleyes:

Howi
16th September 2009, 06:09 PM
Hmm! more lens purchases! the need for the Panaleica 25mm F1.4 is getting less and less methinks...............*yes

Wee man
23rd September 2009, 03:29 PM
Finally found a human being who works for Currys they transferred the lenses to my local store from the one in the Strand in London all I had to cover was the Postage by DHL so my new 12-60mm is being tried out. Thanks to all those who gave help in getting the lens.

wee Man