PDA

View Full Version : E-P1 and M.ZUIKO DIGITAL firmware updates

j.baker
15th September 2009, 07:03 AM
[ E-P1 ]
Improved operation when using C-AF (continuous AF).
* We recommend Version 1.1 or later of the lens firmware if you are using the M.ZUIKO DIGITAL 17mm F2.8 or the M.ZUIKO DIGITAL ED 14-42mm F3.5-5.6.

[ M. ZUIKO DIGITAL ED 14-42mm F.3.5-5.6 ]
Improved AF operation.

[ M. ZUIKO DIGITAL 17mm F2.8 ]
Improved AF operation.

http://www.olympus.co.jp/en/support/imsg/digicamera/download/software/firm/e1/

Ian
15th September 2009, 07:25 AM
[ E-P1 ]
Improved operation when using C-AF (continuous AF).
* We recommend Version 1.1 or later of the lens firmware if you are using the M.ZUIKO DIGITAL 17mm F2.8 or the M.ZUIKO DIGITAL ED 14-42mm F3.5-5.6.

[ M. ZUIKO DIGITAL ED 14-42mm F.3.5-5.6 ]
Improved AF operation.

[ M. ZUIKO DIGITAL 17mm F2.8 ]
Improved AF operation.

http://www.olympus.co.jp/en/support/imsg/digicamera/download/software/firm/e1/

Quick off the mark this morning John :)

Ian

smartwombat
15th September 2009, 07:36 AM
Also update for the Panasonic 14-140 lens, so I have updates for almlst all my m4/3 kit !

davidsa
16th September 2009, 11:10 AM
I am a trifle puzzled.

Is the firmware update announced here for the 14-42mm lens for that lens as manufactured specifically for the E-P1, or for all 14-42mm kit lenses including the one which came with my E620?

I am under the impression (perhaps mistakenly) that the E-P1 has a different lens mount from the E-series so it could well be that its lenses differ in other ways too.

I don't want to try to update my lens if I shouldn't and risk scrambling its workings (although one would hope that the updating software would prevent this).

Thanks in advance!

David

davidsa
18th September 2009, 06:04 PM
Please, someone!

Apologies if it's a silly question.

Thanks

David

I am a trifle puzzled.

Is the firmware update announced here for the 14-42mm lens for that lens as manufactured specifically for the E-P1, or for all 14-42mm kit lenses including the one which came with my E620?

I am under the impression (perhaps mistakenly) that the E-P1 has a different lens mount from the (rest of the) E-series so it could well be that its lenses differ in other ways too.

I don't want to try to update my lens if I shouldn't and risk scrambling its workings (although one would hope that the updating software would prevent this).

Thanks in advance!

David

Ian
18th September 2009, 08:38 PM
Please, someone!

Apologies if it's a silly question.

Thanks

David

Nope - it's not silly at all. The firmware update is for the m.Zuiko digital lens, which is the Micro Four Thirds version, not the DSLR version you have.

The update procedure is safe - if there is no update available for your lens, the update procedure finishes. There is no way the system would confuse the two 14-42 lenses.

Ian

davidsa
18th September 2009, 09:02 PM
Thanks, Ian

David

Nope - it's not silly at all. The firmware update is for the m.Zuiko digital lens, which is the Micro Four Thirds version, not the DSLR version you have.

The update procedure is safe - if there is no update available for your lens, the update procedure finishes. There is no way the system would confuse the two 14-42 lenses.

Ian