PDA

View Full Version : Kew Gardens - Saturday 3rd October

The Saint
11th September 2009, 06:54 AM
I''m currently planning an event for the Safari Group to Kew Gardens, London that anyone from E-systems is welcome to join us at.

The intention is to meet at noon on Saturday 3rd October at a cafe near to Kew, with the intention of entering the gardens by 1pm.

The Royal Botanic Gardens at Kew are laid out over 300 acres, and boast more than 100,000 species and varieties of plants, Royal buildings and statues and the famous Palm House. On 3 July 2003 the Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew was officially inscribed on the list of World Heritage Sites by UNESCO.

As you will see from the link to the Kew website, there is plenty to do both indoors and out. So although clement weather would be advantageous, it shouldn't stop anyone without an E3 having a enjoyable day.

Hopefully we should get some good autumn colours at this time of year.

Kew Gardens (www.kew.org)

Photography is allowed thoughtout the site. However, tripods can only be used by advanced agreement within the glasshouse. If anyone would specifically like you use a tripod within the glasshouses, I'll will try and make the appropriate arrangement (please leave a comment below and I'll get in contact with Kew).

I suggest we meet at the Victoria Gate, which is the closest to Kew Gardens tube station on the district line. Other methods of getting to Kew are detailed on the website.

Currently admission cost 13, however one of the OSG members has very kindly offered some free "friends" passes, which we will use to discount the cost to everyone attending the event.

If you are interested in attending this event, please either leave a comment below or see the OSG website (http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=en&oe=UTF8&msa=0&msid=106478543555192071681.000451a5a3d65746758d7&ll=51.476412,-0.296288&spn=0.032289,0.055361&z=14) for further details.

I look forward to meeting on the 3rd October.

Regards

Simon