PDA

View Full Version : Camera advice

jonesy
7th September 2009, 07:28 PM
Right good people. I am looking for some advice for a new camera body.

My current camera is an E410, but I'm looking into upgrading from the basic DSLR to a more advanced one. One with IS :)

Could anyone offer advice as to the differences between the E620 and the E30 please?
With the offer Jessops currently have on the E30, is it worth considering instead of the E620 for a relative newcomer like me, or would I end up biting off more than I could chew?

Many thanks in advance

crimbo
7th September 2009, 07:52 PM
I have a 400 and when funds allow I will go for a 620...why? cos the batteries are the same...

Wreckdiver
7th September 2009, 09:07 PM
I have a 400 and when funds allow I will go for a 620...why? cos the batteries are the same...

This is worth considering when upgrading and keeping the old camera. Are the batteries (and chargers), remote releases, battery grips etc. the same. Could save a lot of money.

Steve

Ian
8th September 2009, 06:55 AM
This is worth considering when upgrading and keeping the old camera. Are the batteries (and chargers), remote releases, battery grips etc. the same. Could save a lot of money.

Steve

The E-620 and E-30 share the same USB/video port, which also serves as the wired remote release port. Battery grips are different, as are the batteries.

The E-30 is faster shooting, has a slightly larger viewfinder, 11 AF points instead of 7, and has the digital level. It also has two adjustment wheels (E-620 has one). If memory serves, the E-30 has a PC flash sync socket, while the E-620 doesn't.

The E-620 is more affordable, smaller and lighter, and has back-lit controls for night use. They share the same sensor and image processing pipeline and also Art Filters.

Hope that helps!

Ian

jonesy
8th September 2009, 07:08 AM
Thanks Ian
I think its the smaller/lighter that may well sway my decision. The problem (decision wise) is that Jessops currently have the E620 twin lens kit at the same price as the E30 14-42, and I've always struggled passing up a "bargain" ;)

StephenL
8th September 2009, 07:41 AM
Although the E-30 has a larger viewfinder than the E-620, that camera in turn has a larger finder than the E-4xx and E-5xx. Also owning an E-3, I find the finder on the E-620 is more than adequate.

EH1
8th September 2009, 11:34 AM
I would have thought the obvious choice for you would be the e-620.;)

benvendetta
8th September 2009, 11:56 AM
I would have thought the obvious choice for you would be the e-620.;)

Or even the E-600 when it makes its appearance, if you can do without some of the E-620's features. Not sure how much less the E-600 will be than the E-620 but as small but fully featured travel-type cameras both appear tempting.

yorky
8th September 2009, 12:41 PM
A diffiult decision to be sure but the compata bikllity of accessories and the larger viewfinder would make the E30 the choice.