PDA

View Full Version : South wales meet video clip

Ian
6th September 2009, 02:04 PM
Oh yes! Some of the faces behind the names....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Qs07AV1UOo

:)

Ian

PS This was taken using a Pen E-P1

stevednp3
6th September 2009, 02:09 PM
Oh dear I love cameras for the simple reason I can hide behind them, but you got me here.

Excellent quality Im very impressed with the video and photos this camera takes

Nick Temple-Fry
6th September 2009, 02:16 PM
Thankfully I'm so far into the background as to be ignorable.

Still remain unsure of this 'moving pictures' lark - but the quality is commendable - how much space did a short clip like that eat up on the card?

Nick

Ian
6th September 2009, 03:20 PM
Thankfully I'm so far into the background as to be ignorable.

Still remain unsure of this 'moving pictures' lark - but the quality is commendable - how much space did a short clip like that eat up on the card?

Nick

The E-P1 uses motion JPEG AVI files. These are limited to 2GB in length and that will only accommodate 7-8 minutes using the best quality 30fps 720p HD mode. This clip was 196MB for 48 seconds, or 4MB roughly per second.

The up and coming standard, AVCHD, used by Panasonic (and co-invented by them) is more than twice as efficient, and is not limited to 2GB per sequence. It needs a fairly powerful PC for decoding and editing, though.

Ian

Nick Temple-Fry
6th September 2009, 04:09 PM
The E-P1 uses motion JPEG AVI files. These are limited to 2GB in length and that will only accommodate 7-8 minutes using the best quality 30fps 720p HD mode. This clip was 196MB for 48 seconds, or 4MB roughly per second.

The up and coming standard, AVCHD, used by Panasonic (and co-invented by them) is more than twice as efficient, and is not limited to 2GB per sequence. It needs a fairly powerful PC for decoding and editing, though.

Ian

Thanks Ian

Think I'll stick to still images - I find them hard enough to do effectively

Nick

shenstone
6th September 2009, 06:01 PM
Oh Dear...

Not flattering ... Looks like I'm on a diet from now on !

Picture quality is good though if not the subject

Regards (not really but being polite!)
Andy